Papetti. Veroli, (Roma) Frosinone.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mjmcara

Papetti. Veroli, (Roma) Frosinone.

Post by mjmcara »

I am researching my Family and would appreciate any help. The family name is Papetti from Veroli, (Roma) Frosinone.
The family departed Italy from Naples in the 20’s.

1. (Father) Pio Papetti birth abt. 1891 Veroli. Departed Naples may 1924 arrived Halifax, Canada.
2. (Son of Pio) Graziano Papetti birth abt. 1909 Veroli. Departed Naples December 1924 arrived Halifax, Canada.
3. (Wife of Pio) Domenica Belli birth abt. 1888 Veroli . Arrived New York, New York 1928, then Niagara Falls, Canada. Was accompanied by there three children. Amato 15, Umbert 8, Carolina 12.

Pio was a military veteran WWI would his records still exist? The Canadian immigration form attached shows several passport dates Visa and File # can theybe of use?
I would love some help/suggestions about finding out more about them.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Papetti. Veroli, (Roma) Frosinone.

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Hi!

There is info in this thread on how to order military records, http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/view ... 19265.html

The address for the Rome state archives would be:

Archivio di Stato di Roma
Corso del Rinascimento, 40
00186 Roma
ITALY

Email: as-rm@beniculturali.it (remove the spaces)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
mjmcara

Re: Papetti. Veroli, (Roma) Frosinone.

Post by mjmcara »

Many thanks, I'm waiting on documents that may have my ggfathers name and place of birth, hope to have them within a couple weeks then I will see if I can get my gfathers military records.