Raymond Borriello from Castellammare Di Stablia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rk7kids

Raymond Borriello from Castellammare Di Stablia

Post by rk7kids »

My great grandfather, Raymond Borriello was put into an orphanage at an early age somewhere in the Naples/ Castellammare Di Stablia area. Im going to estimate his birth to have been around 1860. As an adult he married a Louise or Alouise Alfano in that same area and they had one son...my grandfather Gennaro in 1884. The story I get is that they split before Gennaro's 10th birthday and she left the country, going to either south america or the usa..no one knows for sure. Raymond and Gennaro came to the usa looking for her a few years later and settled in Brooklyn NY. She was never located. No one in my family has any idea who Raymonds parents were and why they put him in the orphanage or where Louise ended up. Gennaro has 2 sons still alive, my father and his brother but the above is all they could offer... thank you for any assistance you can render...I am Raymond also and e-mail is dyn_ray57@yahoo.com
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Raymond Borriello from Castellammare Di Stablia

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I don't know if you have this manifest, but I am posting it for reference.
Can you confirm this is your Raymond and Gennaro?

Date of arival was Oct.22, 1896 on the Karamania from Naples. That would put Gennaro's birth year at about 1885 and Raimondo's at 1861.

Unfortunately the manifest doesn't give a lot of info.

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0466
rk7kids

Re: Raymond Borriello from Castellammare Di Stablia

Post by rk7kids »

Hi and thanks for that response...yes I believe that is them. I had looked at that document a few yrs ago...like you said not much help.Im hoping that a another Borriello family has a story lingering about a child given to an orphanage or disappearing...cross your fingers, thanks again, Ray