Stato Civile Messina

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
zsnyder
Rookie
Rookie

Stato Civile Messina

Post by zsnyder »

I need to get a copy of my GGM's birth record from Messina but I'm seeing multiple Stato Civile locations via Paginegialle.

Does anyone know which location I should send my request?
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Stato Civile Messina

Post by misbris »

Here is info for the town of Messina. However Messina is a province also. Are you looking for a town in the province of Messina?

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/083/048/index.html
zsnyder
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zsnyder »

The actual town.

I found her birth record on microfiche but I need to contact them to send the official document to me.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I would write to this address (where the town hall is located)

Ufficio anagrafe e stato civile
Piazza Unione Europea
98122 Messina (ME)
Italy
zsnyder
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zsnyder »

Thank you.
Simmy

Post by Simmy »

I am looking for help tracing my husband great great grandparents.
Joseph Raynor - Master Mariner and Rose Cefaly are listed as the parents of Joseph Raynor - seaman born 2 Nov 1866 Messina, Sicily, Italy. I think he may have changed the spelling of the surname and being a seaman he may have jumped ship in Australia. The first I can find of him is an insolvency on the 17 Jun 1899 in Townsville Court and 1903/1905 Qld Electoral Roll living in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. Can anyone help me with tracing this family in Messina. Spelling of surname may have been Raineri or Rainieri.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Be sure to include a photocopy of the birth record you found on fishe. Messina had an earthquake and tidal wave in 1908. If the town no longer have the record they may want to verify the record at the Archivio di Stato.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Mr. Restuccia is the name of the man in charge, I have dealt many times with him in the past, he is very helpfull
ciao Riccardo
liviomoreno wrote:I would write to this address (where the town hall is located)

Ufficio anagrafe e stato civile
Piazza Unione Europea
98122 Messina (ME)
Italy
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Simmy wrote:I am looking for help tracing my husband great great grandparents.
Joseph Raynor - Master Mariner and Rose Cefaly are listed as the parents of Joseph Raynor - seaman born 2 Nov 1866 Messina, Sicily, Italy. I think he may have changed the spelling of the surname and being a seaman he may have jumped ship in Australia. The first I can find of him is an insolvency on the 17 Jun 1899 in Townsville Court and 1903/1905 Qld Electoral Roll living in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. Can anyone help me with tracing this family in Messina. Spelling of surname may have been Raineri or Rainieri.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you searched the Australian National Archives?

Go to http://naa12.naa.gov.au/login.htm and click "Guest" to log in as such. Search using keywords "raineri giuseppe" (without the quotes) or simply "raineri" and see if anything of interest turns up.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)