My appointment recap

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

My appointment recap

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Well first I want to say the two officials were very pleasant . At first they were timid but then they were very very helpful and pleasant to talk to.

So my fathers middle name is not on my birth certificate or y siblings or his marriage. So I need to correct those. I don't know what I'm Gina do. My appointment is in two weeks. Hopefully I can have it done by then. That's all I will say for now but I didn't think that of all things would be a problem lol. I'm thrown back but he was a gentleman and very nice I'm thrown back by that to. Everyone makes them seem so evil , I thought they were so sweet.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: My appointment recap

Post by sceaminmonkey »

also for a second. I was Italian :D if it were not for my fathers middle name I would have been. I am not upset I knew a second appointment was needed but, I though for a second I would be some of the rare few who only needed one. I am just super happy they were so nice. I was terrified.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Thats all they wanted fixed...a middle name? Are you in NJ?
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

No im NYC . And I dot want to jynx it but for now yes
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

For some reason I thought you were in NJ. In NJ to amend a document is at least 2 months wait. Or so they told me on the phone. Im not sure about NYC though.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

NYC vital records believe it or not has an individual who deals withndual citizenship and can help. Also he kept all the records all the way up to my moms birth certificate is that a good sign? I asked are those documents ok and all he said was "for now"
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I honestly cant say whats a good sign or not because I havent had my appointment yet. BUT...many people have come on here who were told right on the spot they werent eligible. So I would assume since they made another appointment and didnt point out major issues that its a good sign :)
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Yes i am worried i will to back and he will say after fitter review something is wrong
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Just be patient and positive. Thats all you can do in this process or youd pull you hair out (if you have hair, lol)
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I'm losing it from this. I ALSO WANT TO SAY THE GENTLEMAN ASKED FOR ALL BIRTH CERTIFICATES IN THE NON DIRECT LINE!
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Yikes! Thats not what I want to hear. It shouldnt even matter whose in the non direct line as long as you can prove the direct line has not been broken. Ridiculous. Not to mention worrying over a middle name is retarded too!
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

so update. I went in today picked up my amended birth certificate with my fathers middle name on it. Hopefully this will be good. My appointment is coming up. I will pick up my siblings correct BIrth certificates this week. Wish me good luck!
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Post by Drew927 »

My birth certificate has my father's middle initial. I wonder if that will suffice?