Kivtronestosa?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
willperone
Rookie
Rookie

Kivtronestosa?

Post by willperone »

An ancestor of mine was born in this town in 1804 and then moved to Castelmezzano where he married. I've never heard of this town, not sure if I'm spelling it right. I know certain surnames are known to come from certain areas so here's what I know:
his name was Vitorocco Lombardi
his father was Giuseppe Lombardi
his mother was Annunquinta Dimo (very 1700's sounding hah)

Does anyone know where this town is/was? I've attached part of his death record which shows the town in it.
nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Kivtronestosa?

Post by nazca »

Hi,
the little town is Pietrapertosa near castelmezzano in Potenza Province, Basilicata Region. this is the official website but it is only n italian : www.comune.pietrapertosa.pz.it/

this is the link for wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietrapertosa

regards.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
willperone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by willperone »

Yea I'm familiar with Pietrapertosa, it's right across the valley. Many people went back and forth between the towns... that would make sense. What threw me off was it looks like a 'k' in the front. Did they used to name it with a K?
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi,
is an odd way to write a capital "p" because letter "k", like W,Y,X and J did not exist in official italian Alphabet. Who wrote the official documents should know full well the "beautiful calligraphy" but often in small village was not so.
I hope this help you.

regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
willperone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by willperone »

Thank you very much
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

willperone wrote:An ancestor of mine was born in this town in 1804 and then moved to Castelmezzano where he married. I've never heard of this town, not sure if I'm spelling it right. I know certain surnames are known to come from certain areas so here's what I know:
his name was Vitorocco Lombardi
his father was Giuseppe Lombardi
his mother was Annunquinta Dimo (very 1700's sounding hah)
The name is Annunziata Dimo
willperone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by willperone »

Oh cool, thanks! Bonus info :)