di Lorenzo, Raucci marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

di Lorenzo, Raucci marriage

Post by oilman19 »

http://img607.imageshack.us/i/dilorenzo ... r1868.jpg/
http://img814.imageshack.us/i/dilorenzo ... r1868.jpg/

I have the marriage of my 2nd great grand uncle.

I see on 17 Feb 1868 in S.M.C.V. Sebastiano di Lorenzo, widower of Teresa Raucci, 42 of deceased Arcangelo and Irene Tescione is marrying Maria Giuseppa Raucci 25 of Domenico and Alessandra Troise.

I have suspected that these 2 women were sisters. However, on some of the birth acts of Teresa's children, her surname is Ragucci. I have not as yet found her birth act or the marriage act to determine her correct surname. :?

I believe I have everything translated properly but was hoping there could be a mention in this marriage document of any relationship between the 2 wives. Would someone please check it out for me? Also, I am interested in anything else this document might tell me that I have not figured out yet.

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: di Lorenzo, Raucci marriage

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
There is no relationship between the two wives stated in the record.
Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: di Lorenzo, Raucci marriage

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Peg

Should I suspect that if there were a "sister" relationship, that there would be evidence due to them having the same parents?

Since I don't think there were any allegati's in 1868, is this a reasonable expectation?

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.