Caccavale Family

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
NJsal

Caccavale Family

Post by NJsal »

I discovered my great-grandfather's death record which indicates his place of birth as Savan, Italy. I can't seem to locate Savan, Italy so I'm guessing that the entry should reflect Saviano, Italy. Saviano is also in the Campania region where my family is believed to have immigrated from.
I'm searching for information on Erasmo Caccavale (spelling of 1st name is varied), born approximately 1876. Wife was Carmela Caccavale (nee Simonelli).
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Caccavale Family

Post by johnnyonthespot »

More possibilities:

Frazione Sava, Comune di Baronissi, Provincia di Salerno, Regione di Campania, Southern Italy

Comune di Sava, Provincia di Taranto, Regione di Puglia, Southern Italy

Frazione Savin, Comune di Pontboset, Provincia di Aosta, Regione di Valle d'Aosta, Northwestern Italy

Frazione: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

On the other hand...

from ancestry . com:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Erasmo Caccavale
Name: Erasmo Caccavale
Arrival Date: 26 Feb 1907
Birth Year: abt 1883
Birth Location Other: saviano
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Celtic

Is this your Erasmo?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Is this your family tree on ancestry . com?

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/9511729/ ... -774310727

Eresmos Caccavale
Birth 04 July 1876 in Saviano, Campania, Italy
Death 21 October 1937 in Summit, New Jersey, USA
Carmine

aniellocaccavale

Post by aniellocaccavale »

Caccavale Erasmo was probably a far uncle of my grand-father.in Saviano was made a work of order of anagraphic archive from 1861 to nowadays.the news are easily trackable.
NJsal

Post by NJsal »

Thank you for the reply, Aniello.

Are you located in the U.S.

Do you have a link for the anagraphic archive that you can share?

There are no confirmed siblings for my great-grandfather. However, we once heard (rumor) that he had a brother who never immigrated to the U.S. Do you know what your grandfather did for a living?

Thank you, Aniello.

Sal Caccavale
aniellocaccavale

no.i'm located in Italy.i'm from Saviano and unfortunately, the anagraphic service in the city of Saviano is'nt digitalized. it exists only in paper form.now i'm living in Milan, but all my family is located in Saviano.so, in which city of U.S.A. do u live?probably we are related, 'cause my cousin is Caccavale Erasmo and his grand-father(my grand-father's brother)had his same name.his grand-father emigrated in U.S.A. approximately around 1930's and back in italy in the early 80's.
NJsal

Post by NJsal »

Hi Aniello,

We do not have any documentation that helps us verify our great-grandfather's immigration date. Our best guess is that he immigrated to the U.S. or maybe he came in through Canada around 1880.

However, we find that the Caccavale name is not common in the U.S. so we figure that most of the Caccavale's are related in one manner or another.

How was your uncle employed? What did he do for a living?

The family reportedly stayed in Brooklyn, New York when they first immigrated to the U.S. Then family moved to New Jersey, about twenty miles west of New York City. Me, my wife and son live in Phoenix, Arizona.

Any other information that you can provide or any direction that you can point me in is truly appreciated. Thank you, again, Aniello, for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Sal Caccavale
aniellocaccavale

oh!so i'm so surprised.my relatives live in New Jersey and N.Y.at the first useful occasion, i'll move to Saviano to pick up some informations about my living relatives in U.S.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Even though names are misspelled, I believe this may be Erasmo's manifest. What do you think? :wink:

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0024

If so, Erasmo was travelling with brother Gaetano and going to his wife Carmella Simonelli in Madison, NJ