Catapano/Accardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Americaspie

Catapano/Accardi

Post by Americaspie »

Hi
I'm looking for any information about my father's family last name Catapano
who lived in on Shepherd Ave in Brooklyn NY . (From 1920's on) My father's father came to the U.S. in 1905 his name was Salvatore, his wife's name was Maria Antonia Nappi,
They had 5 children, Salvatore born 1915, Antoinette born 1918, Madelena born 1922 died 1924, Frank (my dad) born 1924, and John born 1927.

There were other Catapano's (sister's and brothers of Salvatore) who lived in the same vicinity, some on Glennmore Avenue Brooklyn, others on Essex Ave Brooklyn.

I'm also looking for anyone who may have known my grandmother maria Antonia Nappi since I don't have much information on her. I believe she had sisters and brothers but I don't know their names.

Other names related to the Catapano's: Frabaccino. Russo. Boccio
All living in that same vicinity during the 20's, 30's and 40's probably 50's as well.

Thank you, I'm hoping to hear from the children from my father's aunts and uncles. Greatly appreciated.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: Catapano/Accardi

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Is this his travel manifest:
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4557/catapano.jpg

No. 19 is a Luigi going to Chicago to see Uncle Nunziato Francesco
No. 20 is a Antonio going to Brooklyn to see Cousin Nunziato Francesco
No. 23 is Salvatore going to Brooklyn to see Cousin Nunziato Francesco

Chicago address is 128 Forquer? Street.
Brooklyn address is 242 North Street.

All the Surnames you mentioned, are found in San Giuseppe Vesuviano, Napoli, Campania, except Frabaccino. I think it might be spelt wrong??
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Americaspie

Post by Americaspie »

Thank you so much Jamie,
I'll check to see about this document.
I appreciate your help.
I should have mentioned that I've been doing my genealogy for 6 years,and have found a lot of information on Ancestry. com but can always use outside assistance. I don't believe I found this information you sent though, lol .

I wish I could find out more about the woman, for instance I can not find much on My great-grandmother Maria 'antonia Nappi, I believe her maiden name was Carbone. I'd like to find her siblings or parents or to know if they were even in the states around the same time.
Again, thanks for your time and help.

N.
Americaspie

Post by Americaspie »

Quote: by JamieCapaldi: "All the Surnames you mentioned, are found in San Giuseppe Vesuviano, Napoli, Campania, except Frabaccino. I think it might be spelt wrong?? " Unquote

Can you tell me how you found the location of where these names were found. I don't think I understand.

Also your right, the name Frabaccino has been changed many times, I think back than it was, Frobicino, spelling varies.

Thanks
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

What about Fabbrocino?
It is found in Torre Annunziata, Italy,a 20 minute drive south of San Giuseppe Vesuviano. Russo and Nappi is also found here!

Carbone is also found in San Giuseppe Vesuviano, Napoli, Campania.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Americaspie wrote:Thank you so much Jamie,
I'll check to see about this document.
I appreciate your help.
I should have mentioned that I've been doing my genealogy for 6 years,and have found a lot of information on Ancestry. com but can always use outside assistance. I don't believe I found this information you sent though, lol .

I wish I could find out more about the woman, for instance I can not find much on My great-grandmother Maria 'antonia Nappi, I believe her maiden name was Carbone. I'd like to find her siblings or parents or to know if they were even in the states around the same time.
Again, thanks for your time and help.

N.
Was Maria Antonia's maiden name Nappi or Carbone? Married name Catapano?

T.
Americaspie

Post by Americaspie »

Hi Tessa
yes, Maria Antonia's maiden name was Nappi.
Most documents say Nappi, I found only one with the spelling Nappo, but I'm almost positive it's Nappi.

Her mother's maiden name is carbone, but I'm not really up to her yet I just found that out.

Thanks so much for you input.
Americaspie

Post by Americaspie »

Hi Tessa
yes, Maria Antonia's maiden name was Nappi.
Most documents say Nappi, I found only one with the spelling Nappo, but I'm almost positive it's Nappi.

Her mother's maiden name is carbone, but I'm not really up to her yet I just found that out.

Thanks so much for you input.
Americaspie

Post by Americaspie »

Wow thanks Jamie

very interesting and helpful. I'll start looking
into this.