How to find birth dates, marriage dates

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

How to find birth dates, marriage dates

Post by crosa »

:( I can not figure out how to find information on birth dates etc. online. Looking for my father's sisters, one lived in cembrano, the other Camoggi.where would I start? Angela or Angelina & Dina Coffrini
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: How to find birth dates, marriage dates

Post by adelfio »

First i would start with your dad
Name: Giuseppe Coffrini
Social Security #: 547xxxxxxx
Sex: Male
Birth Date: 15 Apr 1890
Birthplace: Italy
Death Date: 27 Jan 1970
Death Place: Marin
Get his death record from California click on next line
http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/AR/main ... hanges.cfm
Then get all his info birthplace, parents name, from death record then fine what actual town he is from.
Then click on next line and read this
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... nLWG04.pdf
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

Dear Laura,
I was trying to reply but lost the note. I know the information of Guiseppe, Luigi, Pietro, David Coffrini. I have not been able to find the sisters who didn't come to America....Angela or Angelina......Dina.....Rosa... Virginia Coffrini. I only think I know Angelina's married name, possibly Collori...(not sure on spelling) I know she lived in Cembrano before she died. Possibly was born where David Coffrini, who was the youngest boy was born. Varesi, Liguri...I have tried but so far no luck...... Question..how do you delete the old postings? I have tried but also no luck there either. I know that Dina lived in Camoggi until she died....I don't know if Angelo, was her married name or if that is the name of her Son. I know that she gave birth to twins, I know that because I too had twins.....Thank you again.
Rosa
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The posts are always on. You can edit your replies by going back on the old post. By using the search function you can look at old posts of any subject or family name......................
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

This is some help for you............., address is on top for Comune di Varese Ligure
Comune di Varese Ligure
Via Maurizo Caranza
Varese Ligure 36,19028
01 febbraio, 2010
Egregio Direttore
Sono alla ricerca della mia storia famigliare, gradirei, se le fosse possibile, richiedere il suo aiuto. Per favore, mi potrebbe spedire i Certicati di Nascita di Angelina Coffrini, nato il 1891-1897 e Rosa Coffrini, nata il 1891-1898. Se questi certificati includono anche i nomi dei loro genitori, se per cortesia, potrebbe inviarmi anche i loro. Includo, in questa mia, l'equivalente approssimativo di Euro 25, in modo che lei possa coprire sia le spese di certificazione sia le spese postali di risposta. Egregio Direttore , la ringrazio infinitamente del suo aiuto. Nel caso che i dati non siano disponibili la pregherei di inviarmi comunque una nota negativa. Inoltre, se i documenti non ci sono per quel periodo, o se Lei conosce altre fonti, Le sarei grata se potesse suggerirmi come proseguire la mia ricerca.
Le invio i miei piu' sinceri e cordiali saluti
Your Name
English translation
I am trying to complete a history of my family and I would like your help. Can you please supply me with the Certificates of Birth of ______________, and ____________________ Please send the extracts with the names of the parents. I am enclosing the approximate equivalent of 25 Euro, to cover the cost of the certificates, and two International Reply Coupons which are for the postage stamps required for your reply. Distinguished Director, I thank you infinitely for your assistance. In the event that the data is not available, I would however beg that you send me a reply in the negative. Additionally, if the records do not exist for that period, or if you know of other sources, I would be grateful if you could suggest how my research could be pursued. Thank you for your help, I hope to hear from you soon. I send you best wishes.
Your name

Marty Adelfio
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Ancestry.com has on line the civil registrations for the Comune of Varese Ligure and Maissana ... I found there the acts I posted for you but I found no traces for Coffrini's female child, I must tell that for some years the indexes are not present so for a better search we must check page by page...
The civil registrations on Ancestry.com for both the towns begins from 1866 until 1910 more or less...
I believe that the daughters were born in Borgo Taro and maybe they married in Varese Ligure or Maissana after 1910...
Keep in mind that the first birt act I found in Varese Ligure was of the year 1897 and the last one was for the year 1904 and Maria Giacopazzi was 44 years old...

Laura
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Great work Laura. In thats the case send a letter to each comune heres the other address
just change the heading of the letter
Comune di Borgo Valdi di Taro
Piazza manara 6
43043 Borgo Val Di Taro (PR)
Marty A

Marty
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

okay I will try that, for some reason I thought they were younger than Pietro paolo Coffrini April 15, 1897,mother was 36 and one older than David Giacomo Coffrini. Nov. 5 1904 mother 44. But I thought Angelina was the youngest child....wow.....I'll try. I've got Borgo Va Di Taro, Parma is the province and Emilia Romagna is the region. Is the commune Varese Liquri?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I would try both comunes see what happens just change the letter head
Marty

Marty
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

A little resume with the approx birth dates of the Coffrini's in the U.S.:

Luigi Coffrini was born approx on 1884 in Borgo val Di Taro (Parma province - Emilia Romagna region) and died on 10/29/1918 in San Francisco

Carolina Coffrini was born approx on 1886 in Borgo Val Di Taro (Parma Province - Emilia Romagna region)

Luisa Coffrini was born on 5/5/1888 in Borgo val Di Taro (Parma Province - Emilia Romagna region) and died on 4/17/1982

Giuseppe Coffrini was born on 4/15/1889-1890 most likely in Borgo Val Di Taro (Parma Province - Emilia Romagna region) and died on 1/27/1970

Pietro Paolo Coffrini was born in 4/15/1897 in Varese Ligure (La Spezia Province - Liguria region) and died on 8/7/1982

David Giacomo Coffrini was born on 11/5/1904 in Varese Ligure (La Spezia province - Liguria region) and died on 9/18/1959

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

From the (payment) site Ancestry.com:

1910 United States Federal Census
about Luigi Caffrine
Name: Luigi Caffrine
Age in 1910: 26
Estimated birth year: 1884
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Home in 1910: San Francisco Assembly District 32, San Francisco, California
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Year of immigration: 1908
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Luigi Caffrine 26 head, single, born in Italy, immigr. year 1908, occupation gardener
Lui Magnanego 29 lodger,
Guiseppe Caffrine 20 lodger, single, born in Italy, immigr. year 1909, occupation gardener
Paulo Cosella 22 lodger
Briano Bahliso 21 lodger
Batorano Giananatiz 45 lodger
Martinia Wicka 21 lodger

for the census image click the link above:
http://postimage.org/image/2se472hc4/

Giuseppe landed in NYC on february 1909 and at the time of the 1910 census (may 1910) was already living with his brother Luigi in San Francisco...

Laura
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

Dear Laura,
Thank you so very much. I hope I am doing the replies correctly, I will always reply after receiving a note from you. The information was wonderful.
I did know the birth dates of the ones that came to America, but all the other information I didn't know. It will be so helpful when I put the Heritage Journal for my children and their children together. It was so interesting that you found it under the name caffrine and not coffrini, that must be why I haven' t been able to find the family in Italy. Gracious me, I can't thank you enough. Words can not express my gratefulness. Take care

Rosa...
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

Dear adelfino,
Thank you for all your time and effort....You information has been so helpful. It is so exciting when I go on this web site, it is fantastic and everyone is so helpful. Thank you again. It was interesting to read Laura's finding the information with the name Caffrine. Thank you again
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

You're very welcome Rosemarie :D

This is a great record for you:

Year 1931 - Death act number 23 - Comune of Maissana

Antonio Coffrini died on 25 september 1931 in the Fraction of Cembrano (number 10), he was 87 years old, he was born in Borgo Val di Taro on 8 september 1844 son of the late Luigi and of the late Belgrosso Rosa both resident in Borgo Val Di Taro when alive .
He was the husband of (the living) Maria Giacopazzi daughter of the late Giovanni.
Informants of his death were:
Callori Giovanni, age 32, proprietor
Callori Pietro, age 72, postman

image here:
http://postimage.org/image/2whrkbwhw/

Laura