What is the difference between these 2 records

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

What is the difference between these 2 records

Post by sal4 »

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between

Atti di Nascita and Allgati di Nascita...

Thanks.........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: What is the difference between these 2 records

Post by liviomoreno »

Atto di Nascita is the Birth Act (record)

Allegato is an enclosure...

I don't believe I have ever seen an Allegato di Nascita

Allegati di Matrimonio are all the documents that you have to present to get married (such birth certificates, parents' agreement if you are under age, death certificate of your deceased previous spouse, etc)
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Livio,

Both type of records are on The Italian Database records for Caserta on Ancestry.com for birth, death and marriage.........

Thank You for your help.....Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

sal4 wrote:Livio,

Both type of records are on The Italian Database records for Caserta on <a href="/http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a> for birth, death and marriage.........

Thank You for your help.....Sal4
Could you please post an Allegato di Nascita so I understand what it is? Thanks
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Its Allgati......not Allegato at least that is what it is labeled as on Ancestry.com
here is a random one that I copied.....To me it looks like that there was added information on the birth record........

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Allgati is clearly a typo that should read Allegati, which is the plural of Allegato.

As mentioned in my previous post an Allegato di Nascita is any kind of document that is annexed to the original birth Act. This could be:
- a recognition of a child who was initially declared to be son of parent unknown
- a tribunal verdict to correct a mistake in the birth act
- etc
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

There are so many records in this database that I really need to understand what I'm searching.............Thank You...........you are always such a help to me in my quest for information..........Sal4
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

The books advertised on the main page of this website will explain the records you are talking about.

To do the genealogical research you hope to do having one or all of the books is extremely helpful and give you an understanding of the records and terms you are inquiring about.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa