Family letter from Poland

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Family letter from Poland

Post by senior »

My wife has a letter sent to her grandfather from Poland about 50 years ago. We're hoping it will provide us with answers to the family background, and thereby fill in the holes in her family tree. Does anyone know who might be willing to translate it??
Thanks
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: Family letter from Poland

Post by oilman19 »

Senior

I work with a person from Poland. If you are unable to get any help over the weekend, I will print it out and see if he can translate it for me.
Good luck
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

to oilman19; thanks for the generous offer. If nothing happens I'll take you up on your most generous offer on Monday.
Thanks again,
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Senior,

Why don't you post that letter and I will print it out tomorrow morning.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

If it is easier for you, just e-mail it to me.
Jim

senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

Thanks; check your pm. oilman19.
senior
zefir454

Post by zefir454 »

If you want I can translate it, because I am a Pole.Is this letter can be easily read? If so, no problem. I can help you.
Jozef
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

zefir454

My co-worker, who is from Poland is very busy right now. I will upload it to the forum for you.

Thank you
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Jozef,

I forgot to welcome you to forum. :)

This is a wonderful place
Jim

zefir454

Post by zefir454 »

img 600:
Dufay Alexandra
village Strzelce
post office Ole?nica
district Busko- Zdroj
voivodship Kielce

img 402:
For your older years it`s enough that you work, you have a lot of too much work in your life.
img 545:
He was very old (home?)storm destroyed. They gave us a little bit of compensation and the rest of their forces. I don`t know- when we will be able?
img 831:
My dear Uncles!
I`m write to you a third letter, and still do not have any answers. I think as I write the third time and I don`t have your reply, it means that something happened to me angry. But I do not know what? What you offended? I wanted to borrow this from you dress for my daughter for first holy communion? But you are not angry about what happened, I just asked if you were able. My daughterso she asked to have from her aunt and uncle, an American dress. I will send you pictures of the holy communion, a pity that we were not there the whole family. But a photo of us are just 14 km away. It`s a bit much.
I think we still see in my life. So I think that we do such a surprise and you decide to see her native country.
Dear Uncle, I turn to you because aunt still angry at me. But why does not like, because we don`t know? But I think I speak to you and soften your heart and you decide to visit us for your older years Because you already have enough of this work.
img 835:
( I send this page tomorrow because is very late, I must wake up to work)
Best regards
Józef
Ps. I hope you understand this text. My English is not the best.

Img 835:

You already have enough children, they married already, they do not harm state. We are sorry that we have only one uncle. When you run out of our family to expire. After our beloved brother, your father- I remember how much he wanted to see you. Even when he cried in agony, he sad -Wladyslaw, dear brother, when you see? He had great hope even see. We all want to see you. Heart us hugs when we see how the other families to visit relatives. They come back even those who were in America, or for labor in Germany. Even strangers and neighbors are happy with their arrival. I wrote a lot, but the paper concludes. I would describe it as we have summers what was the drought, then it was wet. From time to time it rains. The change is the sun, storms and rain. We`ve even visited grad. We do not know how it will be. Our house was so old and the storm damaged it. They gave us a bit of renovation, but it is not enough. We do not wish this worst enemy.
Hug you tight and wait for the letter.

(it`s all)
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

Jozef;
Thank you so much for all of your work on this letter. As oilman19 said, Welcome to the forum!! You will always find someone here to help you. If I can help you in the future, please don't be afraid to ask. Thank you again.
senior
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

To zefir454;
I greatly appreciate the translations you have given to my family and me. All of the Polish speaking relatives have been gone for quite some time now. This letter was mailed to the United States about 50 years ago, to my wife's grandfather. I have not been able to find any documents on Ellis Island.org or on ancestry.com about his arrival. My question is this; If your name was Elias in Poland, would the English pronunciation become Zelias? I ask because the letter was mailed to Walter Elias. When Walter came to the U.S. he became known as Walter Zelias, that's why I am asking the question about changing the E to Ze.If you have any questions, about anything, ask and I will always try to help you.
Again, thank you very much,
senior
zefir454

Post by zefir454 »

Dear Senior!
Americans often turn changedby foreign names.Perhaps Elias changed the Zelias and it stuck.I`ll give you an example-my name Plawski shortened the Plaw, so easier for them to pronounce.
Elijah (Elias) was a great prophet of the Christian religion. This name could come from Elijah.
You have tried to find something about Walter Elias (Zelias) on Jewish Gen?
Elias (Zelias) could be of Jewish origin. It`s my private sugestion.
Jozef
Member of Lubusz Genealogical Society in Poland