COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
deborahking55

Re: COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Post by deborahking55 »

Dear Dr. Fabio Paolucci:
My great grandmother was Alfonsina Florence Delgrasso or Del Grosso. I spoke with my cousin who insists the surname was DelGrasso. I'm wondering if the two names are interchangeable? My great grandmother was born in Benevento, Campania, Italy. I do not know anything else about her, other than she married my great-grandfather Leonardo Iadarola in America I think and her birthday was about 1892. She immigrated to America in abt. 1914. I do have pictures of her I would be happy to send your way. if you come across Alfonsina DelGrasso in your research and find any family members please let me know. Thanks so much Debbie PS Alfonsina seems to be a Not so common name.
tschenekl

Post by tschenekl »

Fabio, My Great Grandfather and his brothers were all from colle Sannita, Benevento, Italy. He was Guglielmo Tedesco, his brothers were Francesco, pasquale, and Serafino. They all came to America, Guglielmo came in 1903. I have info on them here, not alot of info on them in Italy though. I actually have some photos that I'm told are from Colle Sannita that are very old. Let me know if you are interested. I would be interested if you know anything of the Tedesco's in this area! I know that they left sisters behind, and parents, but I don't know what their names are. I believe the fathers name was Antonio Tedesco....I believe I have a photo of them as well. I also have
Cinthia

Post by Cinthia »

Dr Fabio,

I am married into the Del Grosso family (camposuli) and live in Australia. I am looking for my relative called Antonio Del Grosso who migrated to America in the early 1900's. He was one of four brothers - Antonio, Angelo, Giuseppe and Carmine. My husband is from the 'Carmine 'line' of the family, but we have lost all touch with Antonio's line and don't know any details about his wife's name or his children. Can you help? Thank you.
magcpa15425

Post by magcpa15425 »

Dear Dr. Fabio,

I am trying to find out if I have any relatives left in Colle Sannita. My grandfather was Antonio Pilla, son of Ferdinando Pilla and Philomena Petti. He was born in approximately 1884. He had a sisters Rosaria or Giovanna possibly Libera that may have stayed in Colle Sannita. One of these sisters left to Buenos Aries and married a priest from Colle Sannita. Do you have any information on this? Thank you. Marlene
mgrenell@zoominternet.net
Tiddilywinks

Post by Tiddilywinks »

Hello Dr Fabio Paolucci,

My grandfather was from Colle Sannita. His name was Giovanni Iapozzuto and he was born 25 July 1925. Do you have any information on him or his siblings? I would love to know if I still have relatives in the region. I want to start piecing together my family tree, and I think you may hold a lot of key information! You have mentioned the surname Tedesco quite a bit also - I have a number of relatives with that surname and I think they are linked to the Tedesco's from your region.

You mentioned you were putting together a book about the families from the region - are you still working on it? I would be very interested to read it once done. If you are still working on it, we may have some photo's in the family we could scan.

Many thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Kind regards

Anita
spberg

Post by spberg »

Hello Dr. Fabio Paolucci,

My great grandfather was from Santa Croce del Sannio I believe. His name is Pasqualino Pilla and I believe he was born in December 5, 1878. He arrived in New York, USA on the Alesia in 1896 out of Naples. He was married to Frances Nicholas but probably after arriving in US.

I have no other information on my family but hoping you may be able to help locate information on siblings, parents, where they lived etc.

Thank you in advance - your help is much appreciated.

Susan Pilla Berg
LittleMute

Post by LittleMute »

FabioP. wrote:For LittleMute:

Greetings Ken,

Mutino is an ancient surname of Colle Sannita. Since 1580 ca., this surname is written in archival documents in the two ways: Mutino and Motino.
The surname Mutino came from the roman "cognomen" Mutinus (your most ancient ancestor had the name Mutino and his son took the surname Mutino as his father's name) and there is not a connection with the Mutino places near Modena.

Your great-grandfather Pietro Mutino (1875-1940) was son of Giovanni Mutino and Cristina Petriella.
Your great-great-grandfather Giovanni Mutino (1842-1908) was son of Pietro Mutino and Maria Giuseppa Zanchelli
Your great-great-great-grandfather Pietro Mutino (born 1811) was son of Giovanni Mutino and Maria Iacobaccio
Your great-great-great-great-grandfather Giovanni Mutino (born 1775) was son of Pietro Mutino and Liberantonia Pilla
Your great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Pierto Mutino (born 1735) was son of Giovanni Mutino and Maria Maddalena Pilla
Your great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Giovanni Mutino (born 1698) was son of Mario Mutino and Angela Del Grosso
Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Mario Mutino (b. 1658) was son of Antonio Mutino and Angela Marozza
Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Antonio Mutino (b. 1630) was son of Onofrio Mutino and Diana Iacobaccio.

Your Ancestors were all born and died in Colle ("Terra del Colle" in the ancient documents, and "Colle Sannita" since 1861).

I hope you'll enjoy my informations about your Family from Colle Sannita.

Best Regards,
dr. Fabio Paolucci

Dear Dr. Paolucci,

Please forgive me for not thanking you in a timely manner for all your hard work. It was very rude of me. I have enjoyed the information greatly.

Now that I have returned to genealogy, the depth of information you have so dilengently provided will be immensely useful.

Graze mille,

Ken
RickGio

Post by RickGio »

Hello Fabio,
My great grandfather was on the boat to America when 19 holding residence in "Colle Sanista" I am guessing they made a mistake on the manifest.
And I think they meant to say Colle Sanitta.
the date was July 1,1900 Naples.
Trying to find family lineage.
His name was Rafaelle Galasso.
Wonder if you find anything or even if it is the same city....
Thanks,
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Rick Gioiello
RickGio

Post by RickGio »

Ciao Fabio,
I am pretty sure after talking to my aunt that it was Colle Sannita (Benevento). I understand at that time, it was difficult time for people to find work in that area. So many left the area to find work and raise a family. are there records do you think where I could find answers to the lineage?
Thanks,
Rick
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

He left Colle Sannita on July 1,1900 destined to his father Antonio on the SS Bolivia to NYC destined to an address on Morris Avenue, Bronx, NYC. If you wish to conduct your own family researches then may I urge you to borrow the book ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Trafford R. Cole which is an easy read and makesa great way to research on your own at your own pace without having to wait for answers from another person as quickly as you can obtain same since the book gives you excellent information. Further you can always come back to us if you hit a brick wall!!! Peter
~Peter~
jeacas98

per favore ho bisogno di collaborazione grazie

Post by jeacas98 »

soprattutto molto buon pomeriggio, il mio nome è Giulietta folguerona sono Argentina e raggiungono questo sito disperatamente alla ricerca di informazioni mia bisnonna,chiamata Zeolla filomena nata nel collesannita, Benevento e poi viaggiato in Argentina. Pochi anni dopo la mia nascita mia nonna e poi mio padre e poi, la mia bisnonna vissuto con me fino a quando il mio 8 anni. Non ho famiglia e ricostruzione devono fare per richiedere la doppia cittadinanza. Ho bisogno di sapere o di me che mi può aiutare a darmi più informazioni per avviare il processo di aiuto, perché l'amore e amo la vita e voglio viaggiare e vedere dove ha vissuto e vedere se riesco a vivere nel paese in cui è nata. Italia Amore conoscere solo da foto e così ho avuto la mia nonna. che può aiutarmi a apprezzare. chiamato solo filomena Zeolla è nato il 18 ottobre e ha vissuto per 18 anni in collesannita, Benevento, poi recato in Argentina ed è morto all'età di 94 anni. Ed era una grande donna. GRAZIE !! Julieta vanina folguerona
Mascia

Post by Mascia »

Hello. My name is Angelo Mascia. My parents Emilia Mascia and Nicola Mascia (same surname, not related) migrated to Australia in 1952. Mums parents were Antonio Mascia (b 1/1/1903) and Carmela Casamassa (b 13/8/1900). Dads parents were Angelo Mascia (b 5/11/1888) and Maria Tedesco (b 27/1/1884).
Can anyone provide any details for Mascia in Colle Sannita. I have been working on my family tree for quite a while and may have some details that could help others on this forum. Much appreciated.
westlakemom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by westlakemom »

Wow. This is really long after your inquiry. I'm a new member and just saw your post.

My grandfather is an Iacobacci with family originating in Colle Sannita. Will this help you?

If your book is already published is it possible for me to buy it?
westlakemom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by westlakemom »

Wow. This is really long after your inquiry. I'm a new member and just saw your post.

My grandfather is an Iacobacci with family originating in Colle Sannita. Will this help you?

If your book is already published is it possible for me to buy it?
elucera

Post by elucera »

Fabio,

Do you have any information on the Basile family. My Basile ancestors came from Biccari, however, the oldest document I can find for Giovanni Basile, born around 1640 states he came from Colle. I see from your book that there are still Basile in Colle.

Thank you in advance for any help. I hope to be able to buy your book.

Erick Lucera