giancola/castelpetroso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: giancola/castelpetroso

Post by silvana/australia »

yes please Debbie, I would be interested in contacting POINT member from Canada. It would be very helpful.

Thanks again Silvana
g'day from WA
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

jdipardo wrote:Hi Trish,

Yes I do have Cifelli in my tree. Pasquale Cifelli and Giovanna Cicchino (1750) were my 5th great grandparents on my fathers' mother side. There are others as well but they are the couple that come to mind.

My main family of interest in Castelpetroso is CIELLI which has appeared to be different from CIFELLI. The 2 names are definatley recorded under each spelling. I thought at first it might have been a lazy clerk, but through the 250 years or so Cielli and Cifelli are recorded as different.

Let me know if there is anything you need as well
John
Dear John,

I'll have to look in my books to see what I know about the Cifelli Families.

My birth great-grandparents were Pasquale DeStefano and Teresina Vecchiarelli.

Teresina's sister, Assunta Vecchiarelli was married to Alessandro Cifelli.

However, the story gets interesting.lol Pasquale DeStefano Dies and Assunta Vecchiarelli dies, so Teresina and Alessandro get married to raise the children they had. Crazy or what???lol

Off the top of my head, I know Pasquale's father was Emilio DeStefano. Teresina and Assunta's parents were Nicolantonio Vecchiarelli and Giovanna DeFrancesco. As I said, let me get back to you with some names and dates.

Thanks
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
jdipardo

Post by jdipardo »

HI Silvana

I went to the library last night. I apparently let the birth film for the late years go back without renewing. My bad. I still need the film for my own research so I reordered it. I should have it again in about 2 weeks.

Sorry, I really thought I had it.
JOhn
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

"
jdipardo"HI Silvana

I went to the library last night. I apparently let the birth film for the late years go back without renewing. My bad. I still need the film for my own research so I reordered it. I should have it again in about 2 weeks.

Sorry, I really thought I had it.
JOhn
Bad John, no problems John, I really appreciate you looking though. Have a good Easter!. Cheers Silvana
g'day from WA
mariuccia

Post by mariuccia »

HI SILVANA, MY NAME IS MARIA NEE CIFELLI, I'M FROM CASTELPETROSO, BUT NOW LIVE IN TORONTO CANADA
I WAS TALKING WITH MY MOM, ABOUT YOUR SEARCH, SHE DOES NOT KNOW YOUR GGRAMMA MAIDEN NAME, BUT REMEMBERED THAT SHE WAS ORIGINALLY CALABRESE, AND HAD 3 OR 4 BROTHERS THAT LIVED IN THE STATES (NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY). I'M NOT SURE IF U ARE IN CONTACT WITH ANY OF YOUR AUNTS OR UNCLES IN ITALY, BUT MOM TOLD ME THAT YOUR AUNT ANTONIETTA IS FULL OF INFORMATION, AND CAN ALSO CHECK THE LOCAL CHURCH, FOR YOUR GG. MAIDEN NAME
I KNOW THAT ANTONIETTA MARRIED A PASQUALE (GUESS THE LAS NAME) GIANCOLA U CAN GET THE PHONE OR ADDRESS IN THE WHITE PAGES http://www.paginebianche.it HOPE THIS HELPS, AND IF U NEED ANY MORE INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW
GOOD LUCK
mcifelli
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

mariuccia wrote:HI SILVANA, MY NAME IS MARIA NEE CIFELLI, I'M FROM CASTELPETROSO, BUT NOW LIVE IN TORONTO CANADA
I WAS TALKING WITH MY MOM, ABOUT YOUR SEARCH, SHE DOES NOT KNOW YOUR GGRAMMA MAIDEN NAME, BUT REMEMBERED THAT SHE WAS ORIGINALLY CALABRESE, AND HAD 3 OR 4 BROTHERS THAT LIVED IN THE STATES (NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY). I'M NOT SURE IF U ARE IN CONTACT WITH ANY OF YOUR AUNTS OR UNCLES IN ITALY, BUT MOM TOLD ME THAT YOUR AUNT ANTONIETTA IS FULL OF INFORMATION, AND CAN ALSO CHECK THE LOCAL CHURCH, FOR YOUR GG. MAIDEN NAME
I KNOW THAT ANTONIETTA MARRIED A PASQUALE (GUESS THE LAS NAME) GIANCOLA U CAN GET THE PHONE OR ADDRESS IN THE WHITE PAGES http://www.paginebianche.it HOPE THIS HELPS, AND IF U NEED ANY MORE INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW
GOOD LUCK
Dear Maria,

thank you so much for your reply. Especially the extra info about my ggmother Vincenza. Your correct I have a Zia Antoinetta who married her first cousin Pasquale Giancola but asking is not an option. I will try to obtain records from Italy. I know she married a Guiseppe & think they were married in America.

Thanks again to you & your mother for your help. Regards Silvana
g'day from WA
mariuccia

Post by mariuccia »

HI SILVANA, I HAVE LEARNED THAT YOUR GG VINCENZA HAD 2 MORE CHILDREN, AFTER NICOLA AND FELICIA, BUT SHE AND THE TWO SMALL CHILDREN DIED AFTER WW1, OF THE SPANISH FLUE. (NOT BREAST CANCER)
SO IF YOUR RESERCING THE DEATH CERT. IT WOULD BE AROUND 1918 TO 1920.

SATURDAY I HAVE A DINNER DANCE WITH ALL THE PAESANI DI CASTELPETROSO, AND I KNOW THAT SOME OF NICOLAS FAMILY LIVES HERE AND USUALY COME TO THESE REUNIONS, IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT I WILL LET U KNOW

HAVE A GOOD DAY
MARIUCCIA
mcifelli
silvana/australia
Rookie
Rookie

mariuccia wrote:HI SILVANA, I HAVE LEARNED THAT YOUR GG VINCENZA HAD 2 MORE CHILDREN, AFTER NICOLA AND FELICIA, BUT SHE AND THE TWO SMALL CHILDREN DIED AFTER WW1, OF THE SPANISH FLUE. (NOT BREAST CANCER)
SO IF YOUR RESERCING THE DEATH CERT. IT WOULD BE AROUND 1918 TO 1920.

SATURDAY I HAVE A DINNER DANCE WITH ALL THE PAESANI DI CASTELPETROSO, AND I KNOW THAT SOME OF NICOLAS FAMILY LIVES HERE AND USUALY COME TO THESE REUNIONS, IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT I WILL LET U KNOW

HAVE A GOOD DAY
MARIUCCIA

Dear Mariuccia,

thank you :D I am so greatful to you. And amazed no one in the family has ever mentioned 2 small children. The theory about breast cancer was because apparently while breastfeeding another infant she developed a sore on her breast & died soon afterwards???? I can see now inaccurate stories can be. 8O

I can't thank you enough for all the trouble you have gone to. Have a good time at the dance, have a dance for me! :wink:

much appreciation Silvana
g'day from WA