Looking for informatoin on the Cergnul family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Looking for informatoin on the Cergnul family

Post by cerg »

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions that hopefully someone can help answer for me. I have this document that I am posting below, I can read most of the information on the document but some of the words I am not sure of the meaning. I was wondering if anyone could help me make some sense out of the information, so I can figure out where to go from there.

http://img98.imageshack.us/i/doc1c.jpg/

I was also wondering about a translation that I had done on a Baptism record that I have. The father of the child is listed as Mattheus Cergnul, then it says Mattheus is the son of Matthei agriculture. Both the name Mattheus and Matthei were translated as Matteo, why do they have different spellings? Also when it said Matthei agriculture, does that mean that was his occupation. This record is from 1894 in Albona if that information helps.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Kristina
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Looking for informatoin on the Cergnul family

Post by maestra36 »

I think the word you are seeing (agriculture) is the equivalent of the Italian word agricoltore which means farmer.

If it is a baptism record in Latin, then there might be a straight line over the second u and an a instead of an e at the end of the word.