PORCO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tonyporco

PORCO

Post by tonyporco »

Looking for any info on my ancestors , totally stuck lol :D
looking for ancestors
Essgee
Master
Master

Re: PORCO

Post by Essgee »

Well Tony, when stuck, need to re-evaluate where you are, where you have been, and where you want to go!

This is a great site for help in answering your questions...all we need is more info from you:

Which Porco are you seeking, first and last name, that was the immigrant ancestor to Scotland?

Do you know the area of Italy they came from?
Approximate dates of birth or immigration?
Where did they live in Scotland or elsewhere?
Name of wife? first and maiden if known
Any siblings that you know of?
When they died and age at death?

Anything that will help determine some facts about your ancestor. Then you can move backwards to Italy.

There is a strange phenomenom in genealogy: when you learn more about your family on your own, eventurally others related to the family begin to make themselves known! So get started and you will be amazed what you find out!

Good Luck
tonyporco

Post by tonyporco »

My Father was Antonio Leonardo Porco ,he was born Agosto Aprigliano 5/1/1917... His Father Giuseppi [Porco] married Giovanna Capiscolto from that area as well i think , they had 5 children altogether ...I am Scottish/Italian ,my Father was captured in 1940 , brought to Britain , met my mother and stayed[in short] ... So thats me ......
looking for ancestors
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

well you can ask certificates that you need of PORCO Antonio Leonardo born in Agosto hamlet of Aprigliano, the .... day... month 1917, writing a email to anagrafe @ comune.aprigliano.cs.it
( no spaces!!!)
here the Porco living in Aprigliano:

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... c=&x=0&y=0 you can write and asking if they are realted with your father, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
tonyporco

Post by tonyporco »

Hi everyone ,
i'm going to Calabria soon ,where should i go to research my Grandfather and Grandmothers birth certificates etc ...any help or ideas would be appreciated ...my surname is Porco and my Grandmothers was Capiscolto
Aprigliano Cosenza Calabria
looking for ancestors
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

How soon?
Do as much research as you can before you go, that way you get to have fun too.
If its soon, this year, then write to the Comune now, and tell them what day you will be in town. Research what days the anagrafe/Stato Civile is open and go early with your request written out.
Find out the name of the priest or Sacristan so even if you are there only briefly you can at least ask to see inside the church. The priest usually has to be present for you to research the baptism registers.
Have a great trip. I am taking two newly weds to Cicala in Calabria next week. We are lucky, there is a local festa in the next town so they will really get a taste of being Calabrese.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Giovanna maiden name is CAPISCIOLTO right spell...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
tonyporco

Post by tonyporco »

Hi , yes i'm sure thats the spelling ...i'll check and if it's wrong i'll get back to you ...many thanks
Tony
looking for ancestors
tonyporco

Post by tonyporco »

My sis reckons i should drop the i Capiscolto Ty
looking for ancestors
whrichter

Post by whrichter »

I'm looking information about Antonio Porco, born +- 1780 in Calabria, maybe in Calolei. Antonio Porco was married with Rosa Canonaco

William H. Richter
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

whrichter wrote:I'm looking information about Antonio Porco, born +- 1780 in Calabria, maybe in Calolei. Antonio Porco was married with Rosa Canonaco

William H. Richter
Hello William, and welcome! :-)

You may want to start your own thread on Antonio Porco. You may have better results...

T.
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

Check out this website, it is free to register.

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.fac ... CC48.node1
whrichter

Post by whrichter »

Thanks, I used this site and I found various information, I've not found the death of Antonio Porco and who their parents are