ship manifest

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

ship manifest

Post by princessbubbles_1 »

could someone possibly make out the name of vincenzo bagatin's brother in law he was going to visit in sudbury ontario line 23 listed as vincenzo bagattin

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: ship manifest

Post by suanj »

I believe: SPADOTTO Attilio

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Attilio's surname on the manifest is Spadottin

I found the following website (which is in Italian)

http://www.friulinprin.beniculturali.it ... DOTIN.html

the surname was spelled either as Spadotin or as its variant, Spadottin, in Pasiano di Perdenone from 1860 to 1869.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I mention this town as well, as this town is in the records which this poster has been uploading to the forum
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

thank you maestra and suanj,
Now i guess the mystry is which one of vincenzo sisters was he married to. Is there anyway to find out her name. I know vincenzo had one sister natalina i was given her birth record but is there more records and where would i find them?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

maestra36 wrote:Attilio's surname on the manifest is Spadottin

I found the following website (which is in Italian)

http://www.friulinprin.beniculturali.it ... DOTIN.html

the surname was spelled either as Spadotin or as its variant, Spadottin, in Pasiano di Perdenone from 1860 to 1869.
I agree :D
Spadottin seeming right surname!
:wink:
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

Hello,
Could anyone tell me what the markings in the colums for age of adults and children under 18 next to line 23 for vincenzo bagattin mean.
I believe this paper goes with the ship manifest that everyone helped with the name of vincenzos brother. I beleve it was someone on this site who sent it to me and I just found it again yesterday. If anyone could help i would really appreicate it. thanks so much.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2479 ... ambeau.jpg :?:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2479 ... ambeau.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/i/passenger ... mbeau.jpg/
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The image is too small for me to read the markings...

But here is a guide to the passenger list annotations -

http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/

T.
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

Looking for info in colums next to vincenzo bzgattin
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

on line 23 vincenzo bagattin to me it looks like he may have had a women traveling with him.if I am reading it right from what i can see next to his name under colum male age (25yrs)in next colum female it looks like a 1 and across colums children under 18 there are the numbers 7911/40 and he is listed as single. could anyone make out the same info or knows what it could mean and if he was travelling with someone is there anyway to find out who?
Italy80
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

princessbubbles_1 wrote:Looking for info in colums next to vincenzo bzgattin
What is this document?

It is not the normal passenger manifest (which I have linked below). Sometimes notations like those shown on your document are "links" to another page and line item in the same manifest - the Record of Detained Aliens, for example. But that does not seem to be the case here.

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Vincenzo Bagattin
Name: Vincenzo Bagattin
Arrival Date: 18 Apr 1914
Birth Year: abt 1889
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: poscano
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Le Havre
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Rochambeau

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

I dont remember where i got this record i thought it was another page to the passenger record at ellis island. Im not sure what the record is now the info seems to match the record from ellis island one would assume it belongs. has anyone ever seen a record like this and what are they used for?
Italy80
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

This may have been an immigration sheet for passengers who were sailing on to Canada after the ship docked in NY.

Column "What was your occupation in country from which you came?" is followed by "What is your intended occupation in Canada?"

T.
princessbubbles_1
Veteran
Veteran

Tessa78 wrote:This may have been an immigration sheet for passengers who were sailing on to Canada after the ship docked in NY.

Column "What was your occupation in country from which you came?" is followed by "What is your intended occupation in Canada?"

T.
Thanks T
that sound right he was going to sudbury ontario canada as his final destination. so this document goes along with the ship manifest from when he left italy. do you know what the numbers 7911/40 mean and does it look like to you that he was with a female or is that just a slash.
and if he was with someone is there a way to find out who?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Referring to the manifest itself, there is no indication that Vincenzo was traveling with anyone else. The persons listed just above and below him are from entirely different towns and are going to entirely different places.

Despite possible segration into male-only and female-only berths once on board shiip, travelers who were "together" usually seem to appear together on the manifests.

This copy of the Canadian Passenger List might be easier to read; I got it at Ancestry . com where it is in the "Canadian Passenger Lists 1865 - 1935" group:

Click and then click again for maximum enlargement.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)