Surname ARCHIMI in Fabriano, Ancona

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dperez

Surname ARCHIMI in Fabriano, Ancona

Post by dperez »

Hello, my mother's maiden name is Archimi and this is Italian. I am beginning to search my Italian ancestors and all I have for the moment is that my great-grand-father, Archimede Archimi came to Switzerland as a child with his parents, Pascal Archimi and ?. As my great-grandfather married in Switzerland, I will know more about this once I get his marriage registration. For the moment, I would like to know if anyone has that surname in his family as my search on internet leads me to believe it is extremely rare...

Thanks for your feedback.

Damaris
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname ARCHIMI in Fabriano, Ancona

Post by brujaojos »

dperez wrote:Hello, my mother's maiden name is Archimi and this is Italian. I am beginning to search my Italian ancestors and all I have for the moment is that my great-grand-father, Archimede Archimi came to Switzerland as a child with his parents, Pascal Archimi and ?. As my great-grandfather married in Switzerland, I will know more about this once I get his marriage registration. For the moment, I would like to know if anyone has that surname in his family as my search on internet leads me to believe it is extremely rare...

Thanks for your feedback.

Damaris
Dear Damaris,

Sorry that no one has answered you post till now. Here is an option for you to try to find your Archimi.

The link below is a Directory. Just type in the surname and a list of names, addresses, and telephone numbers with your surname will display.

http://www.infobel.com/italy/

Once you get their Marriage Application, get back to us and hopefully we can give you more clues to help you with your search.

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
dperez

Post by dperez »

Thanks for the tip Trish. I tried it and have come up with 4 people in Italy with that name....

Furthermore, I have received my great-grandfather's mariage certificate back and it includes his birthdate, birth place and both his parents' names. Youpee.... I can now start seriously looking.

Details if anyone happens to have anything is :
Archimède ARCHIMI, born in Fabriano, Ancona, Marche, Italy on 03.02.1893
Father : Pasquale ARCHIMI
Mother : Giulia Palma CAPRETTI

I've checked the Mormon's microfilms and they seem to have the Civil Registration documents from 1866 to 1935 and the Church ones from 1863 to 1865. Unfortunately, it would seem the civil registration documents have a hole in 1893.... the year of my ggrand-father's birth :cry:

Hopefully his parents also came from that town and i'll be able to get their wedding date, their birth dates and maybe the birth of other children they may have had.

I'll keep you posted
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

dperez wrote:Thanks for the tip Trish. I tried it and have come up with 4 people in Italy with that name....

Furthermore, I have received my great-grandfather's mariage certificate back and it includes his birthdate, birth place and both his parents' names. Youpee.... I can now start seriously looking.

I've checked the Mormon's microfilms and they seem to have the Civil Registration documents from 1866 to 1935 and the Church ones from 1863 to 1865. Unfortunately, it would seem the civil registration documents have a hole in 1893.... the year of my ggrand-father's birth :cry:

Hopefully his parents also came from that town and i'll be able to get their wedding date, their birth dates and maybe the birth of other children they may have had.

I'll keep you posted
Hi: ask an search in Fabriano Common, sure find it, why the Mormon's microfilm are incomplete.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

dperez wrote:Thanks for the tip Trish. I tried it and have come up with 4 people in Italy with that name....

I'll keep you posted
Hi There,

See you never know what you might find on a document. :)

I'm glad things are working out well for you. Keep us posted to how you make out. Also, you should be able to find the Marriage Act of Pasquale and Guilia as well as their Birth Acts.

Also, if you want, you can always write a letter to Fabriano for your Archimede's Birth Act since you have an actual date of birth as well as his parents names. Here is the link for the form letter.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Have a good one
Trish
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
dperez

Post by dperez »

Hey Suanj, could you explain what you mean by search in the Fabriano Common? You can answer in Italian if it is easier as I understand it quite well even if I don't speak it (French and Spanish help) :wink:

Thanks Trish for the website, I have composed a letter and have added a few lines of my own to make it clearer.

I will order the microfilm as well at some point but right now I am awaiting some from Germany and Spain as my other grand-parents come from these countries.... As I cannot order more than three at a time, this will have to wait. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks both of you for your interest.

Damaris
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

dperez wrote:Hey Suanj, could you explain what you mean by search in the Fabriano Common? You can answer in Italian if it is easier as I understand it quite well even if I don't speak it (French and Spanish help) :wink:

Thanks Trish for the website, I have composed a letter and have added a few lines of my own to make it clearer.

I will order the microfilm as well at some point but right now I am awaiting some from Germany and Spain as my other grand-parents come from these countries.... As I cannot order more than three at a time, this will have to wait. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks both of you for your interest.

Damaris
Allora, visto che comprendi l'italiano:
-tu hai questi dati:

Archimede è nato a Fabriano; bene: richiedi all'Ufficio Anagrafe di Fabriano l'atto di nascita ; richiedi un certificato storico di famiglia e ogni altro utile documento.

Non riesco a capire perchè vorresti vedere il microfilm dei mormoni...ciao,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
dperez

Post by dperez »

Is it worth it for me to order a "certificato storico di famiglia" for Archimède Archimi? He married and had a family in Switzerland....

I would love to order one for his parents, but I don't have any data for them apart from their names and i'm not sure that's enough. Is it? I don't even know if they were born in Fabriano or not.

The mormon microfilms will allow me to maybe get enough data so as to be able to order more birth, mariage, death and family certificates....(I hope this answers your question).

Grazie for taking the time to answer

Damaris
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

dperez wrote:Is it worth it for me to order a "certificato storico di famiglia" for Archimède Archimi? He married and had a family in Switzerland....

I would love to order one for his parents, but I don't have any data for them apart from their names and i'm not sure that's enough. Is it? I don't even know if they were born in Fabriano or not.

The mormon microfilms will allow me to maybe get enough data so as to be able to order more birth, mariage, death and family certificates....(I hope this answers your question).

Grazie for taking the time to answer

Damaris
Damaris: il certificato storico di famiglia era per Pasquale Archimi ovviamente (ma non hai dati su di lui...)!
ok, ho capito che vuoi sapere di più su Archimede e parenti.
Ma una richiesta (birthact of Archimede) all'Ufficio Anagrafe di Fabriano puoi sicuramente inviarla;
ma se vuoi vedere il microfilm dei mormoni, è un'ottima chance anche questa...
saluti dall'Italia, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH