san sebastian

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
leej

san sebastian

Post by leej »

I have a document from Frossombrone stating Nicola Guerra born 20 October 1854 via San Sebastian. document is about the size of a 3x5 card. where is san sebastian and what is the address to write for information
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: san sebastian

Post by liviomoreno »

San Sebastian is the name of the street in Fossombrone. Nowadays this street name does not exist anymore.
leej

Post by leej »

Livo: thank you for your prompt reply.
a closer look at my document shows the proper spelling to be via san sebastiano which is at the very top of the document. The answer from frossombone to my inquiry was: L'unica traccia anagrafica rigusarda Guerra Nicola di Raffaele e Pacini Vittoria nato a Fossombrone il 20 Ottobre 1854 - Emigrato a Terni nel 1884 (vedi foto copia scheda allegata). I translated as: The only trace regarding Guerra Nicola born in Fossombrone 20 October 1854 to Raffaele and Pancini Vittoria emigrated to Terni in 1884 (see photo copy of card cited). Do you have any idea what type of document this is as there is no discriptive heading.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

A more precise translation is
"Te only data found is related to Guerra Nicola born in Fossombrone 20 October 1854 to Raffaele and Pancini Vittoria who moved to Terni in 1884 (see attached photo copy of the card)"

If you post the card received I can try to understand what type of document it is...
leej

Post by leej »

Livio: her is the copy of the file card from fossombrone. I am not very good at the "fine art of computer communication". If you do not receeive it, I will try again. Thank you for your help.