Conti / Volpe Families in Priverno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lowenathan

Conti / Volpe Families in Priverno

Post by lowenathan »

I am currently researching the Conti family line. My 2nd grandfather Biagio Conti was born 30 Jan 1889 in Priverno, Italy. He married Maria Volpe (born 8 Sep 1893) in 1920, before arriving in America on 9 Nov 1920. On that passenger list Biagio's father was listed as nearest relative had a first name of ?Raffaela?

Any details that could be provided on the Conti/Volpe family lines would be greatly appreciated,

nathan.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Conti / Volpe Families in Priverno

Post by pink67 »

On that passenger list Biagio's father was listed as nearest relative had a first name of ?Raffaela?
from the arrival manifest:

"Father Raffaela Piperno"

Considering that Biagio's wife stated she was leaving in Italy her father in law with the same name I can tell you that the correct first name (being male) was Raffaele.

Laura
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Civil records start in 1870, so you will only get birth records for these two and maybe their parents marriage record from the town. Before that the church has some great records going back to 1600's if I remember correctly.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Civil records start in 1870, so you will only get birth records for these two and maybe their parents marriage record from the town. Before that the church has some great records going back to 1600's if I remember correctly.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.