Question on document types

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Question on document types

Post by leryan »

I am searching a film roll that contains: Nati, pubblicazioni, matrimoni, morti, cittadinanze 1866-1892 Nati 1893. I have been able to differentiate between the birth and marriage records but I am not sure what the following document contains. There are many similar records as these but what type of information is included? So many seem to have the same names I need a better clue within to find a particular person. Any advice? Thanks.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Question on document types

Post by Tessa78 »

These are birth records - handwritten...

First is for Domenico Aldi, born to Michele Aldi, son of deceased Domenico.
Second is for Magnifica Margarita Lavinia Aldi, born to Michele Aldi, son of Giovanni.

Here is a site that may help you understand the civil records...
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Here is more info on records for you click on the prompt

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 20921.html
Posted by JohnArmellino: 04 Jul 08 - 12:11 PM Post subject: Re: Atti diversi & Processetti question

Marty
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leryan »

Thanks for the information. I have a lot of studying to do. I've only been at this a short time and had never found any Aldis related to my small branch in the US. Now I figure out how to get a few Italian records and the entire town seems to be filled with Aldis and by just dumb luck I found marriage and birth records for mine. You guys have been so helpful I may be able to find more pieces of the puzzle. Thanks again!
Surnames: Aldi, Campagnano, De Carlo, Del Santo, Marcuccio, Tebano
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Now I figure out how to get a few Italian records and the entire town seems to be filled with Aldis and by just dumb luck I found marriage and birth records for mine
Keep digging :-D

T.