State of the Family Document

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

State of the Family Document

Post by bkworm10 »

I would like to get a state of the family document from Accettura, Italy. I have written to Accettura for birth records and successfully received responses. But I would like to find other siblings of my g-grandfather. I have the names, birth dates and marriage dates of my g-grandfather's parents (I have the processetti). If I ask for the state of the family, will it list all the children they had? For instance, I have

Francesco Laraia (born 1838) m. Maria Felicia Filippo (born 1840) in Sept 1872. They had 3 children that I know of and I have their birth dates. Two immigrated to the US and one stayed in Accettura.

I would like to know if they had other children and what happened to the daughter that stayed in Accettura. Will requesting this document give me this information?

Thanks, A.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: State of the Family Document

Post by Tessa78 »

Some information about requesting Certificate of Family Status

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... agrafe.asp

T.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thanks Tess. I guess I will give it a try and see what happens. I have lots of information on my direct ancestors, but now would like to find their siblings. Rather than stumbling upon them in the processetti (like I have been) or ordering each year in the birth records and searching for possible children, I thought this might be an easier way to get all the children of a certain marriage.

Thanks, A.
zerkergirl

Post by zerkergirl »

My Name is Dawn-Marie Setaro and my Great-Grandmother was Maria Sophia Amalia Laraia-from Accetura. She had a brother Egidio and Rocco-they all came to the US. I wanted you to know I have posted postcards on Facebook from Egidio Laraia from Italy and from US. If you wish to see them they are on facebook under SetaroGuerraLaraia Family.I am also posting photos of Egidio and family when they went to California.My Mom has dates etc on Ancestry.com. I found a marriage record for MAria Sophia and my Great grandfather Francesco Setaro in Laurenzana Italy. Hope this can be helpful.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thanks Dawn Marie. I will look for your group on FB. Do you know Maria Sophia Amalia Laraia's parents names? I have record of all Laraia families in Accettura and they are all related. Thanks!
mbakeroo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mbakeroo »

Can you please tell me where you wrote to in order to get birth records from Accettura? My great-grandmother Maria Sansone is from Accettura and I would like to get some additional information if possible. Thank you, Maria
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Hi, Maria. See my responses to your recent message on the other "Excited . . . Accettura" thread. For further help on your Sansone and Fanelli ancestors, I suggest starting a new thread.

Lesley
zerkergirl

Post by zerkergirl »

Egidio Laraia and Rachele Ambrosio Were her parents names-However Amrosio may have been Ambruso-I took the name off of her death certificate.
bkworm10 wrote:Thanks Dawn Marie. I will look for your group on FB. Do you know Maria Sophia Amalia Laraia's parents names? I have record of all Laraia families in Accettura and they are all related. Thanks!