Is there a spouse listed?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Is there a spouse listed?

Post by lilbees »

I have this death record for Serefina Rescigno, death 1852 and having a difficult time reading if she was married or not.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... th1852.jpg

The second record I have is for Giuseppe Rescigno, death 1821. They seemed to have spelled the mother's name incorrectly or at least I believe they did. The mother's name is Cecilia Calabrese and they have Villano for the last name. Ran into this before but on the father's name. On that one they gave Angrisano for the last name and not Rescigno. It was correct in another part of the birth record.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... th1821.jpg

Thanks for any assistance.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Is there a spouse listed?

Post by liviomoreno »

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... th1852.jpg
Serafina Rescigno daughter of the late Gennaro and the late Cicilia Calbrese. Dod 2 Sept 1852. Aged 52. No spouse mentioned

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... th1821.jpg

Giuseppe Rescigno, death 19 Aug 1821. Aged 18 son of Gennaro and Cecilia Villano.
The death was reported by Gennaro Rescigno, father of Giuseppe, and by Sa???? Rescigno, uncle of Giuseppe
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you Livio. Now I can add another individual to my tree. Santulo Rescigno. I have his wife's name and a list of some of his children.

Now I can send for his death record to confirm his parents names are the same as Gennaro's.

As for Serefina's record, it is listed that a Luigi Bove and Gaetano Bove reported her death. Could they be the husband and brother-in-law of Serefina or is there any note of who they are?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

lilbees wrote:...
As for Serafina's record, it is listed that a Luigi Bove and Gaetano Bove reported her death. Could they be the husband and brother-in-law of Serafina or is there any note of who they are?

lilbees
Luigi is a neighbor living in the next house and Gaetano is living in the same village

Please note the correct spelling for Serafina
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Livio, missed that.

lilbees
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Death record questions

Post by lilbees »

I had posted Giuseppe Rescigno death record questioning the mother listed. After reviewing the record again I do have questions.

1. Gennaro is listed as his father, age 40
2. Santolo (Santulo) is listed as his uncle, age 30
3. Giuseppe is listed as dying at the age of 18.
4. I see a delfunto? prior to Gennaro's name at the bottom of the record then Cecilia's name.

Anyway, I am confused.

This may be a poor eye day or just lack of good oxygen. Can someone clarify this record for me.

Thanks,

lilbees
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Death record questions

Post by Tessa78 »

lilbees wrote:I had posted Giuseppe Rescigno death record questioning the mother listed. After reviewing the record again I do have questions.

1. Gennaro is listed as his father, age 40
2. Santolo (Santulo) is listed as his uncle, age 30
3. Giuseppe is listed as dying at the age of 18.
4. I see a delfunto? prior to Gennaro's name at the bottom of the record then Cecilia's name.

Anyway, I am confused.

This may be a poor eye day or just lack of good oxygen. Can someone clarify this record for me.

Thanks,

lilbees
What appears before Gennaro at the bottom of the record is "del sudetto" which means "of the above-mentioned" - it is not del defunto... :-)
The rest is as you see it :-)

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Tessa! The old eyes are needing adjusting. :wink:

lilbees