Surnames: Mascieri (or Masciere) and Iacobucci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
meyernl

Surnames: Mascieri (or Masciere) and Iacobucci

Post by meyernl »

I am looking for information on my great-grandparents, on my grandfather's side.

I know that Nicola Mascieri is listed as place of residence Carpinone and arrived in the US in 1910. At some point, the name was changed to Masciere once he arrived in the US. I cannot find any further information on him.

He married Amelia Iacobucci. I cannot find info on her at all except she arrived in the US in 1919.

Any hints on where to look to find out more about these two?

Thanks.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surnames: Mascieri (or Masciere) and Iacobucci

Post by suanj »

meyernl wrote:I am looking for information on my great-grandparents, on my grandfather's side.

I know that Nicola Mascieri is listed as place of residence Carpinone and arrived in the US in 1910. At some point, the name was changed to Masciere once he arrived in the US. I cannot find any further information on him.

He married Amelia Iacobucci. I cannot find info on her at all except she arrived in the US in 1919.

Any hints on where to look to find out more about these two?

Thanks.
On ship's manifest Nicola Mascieri came in Usa with nephew Ruggiero GUERRA, and declare that the contact in Italy is the wife Maria De Domen.... (De Domenico or De Domenicis), joning from Giacinto brother
and Nicola already was in Usa from 1904 to 1907.

Are this your ancestor?

for all certficates, civil records, please to request to Carpinone city hall... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

There is also a Nicolo Masciari arriving in 1909 from Pontegrande.............

Where did these people live in the US? Might help identify who is who. Any ages you can give us to go by? Anything you can provide will help.
meyernl

Post by meyernl »

All family members I have posted about lived in Cleveland, Ohio, at least since the 1930's. My dad was born in 1938 and the family had been in Cleveland already for some time.

According to my baby book (I was born in 1961), Nicola and Amelia are my great-grandparents, but there was no birth year listed - just the names.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

About" On ship's manifest Nicola Mascieri came in Usa with nephew Ruggiero GUERRA, and declare that the contact in Italy is the wife Maria De Domen.... (De Domenico or De Domenicis), joning from Giacinto brother
and Nicola already was in Usa from 1904 to 1907..." this Nicola Mascieri mentioned coming from Carpinone, and many Carpinone people came in Cleveland, also is interesting the Ruggiero Guerra nephew record.. in another my experience I searched about the Guerra and Malerba from Carpinone in Cleveland, so now I know that in this family's relationship was also Mascieri surname...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lmg1

Post by lmg1 »

Would you believe that Nicola Mascieri and Amelia Iacobucci are my great-grandparents, too? Well, they are, and I'd love to exchange any family info about them, their children, etc. with you. Please contact me!
meyernl

Post by meyernl »

lmg1 wrote:Would you believe that Nicola Mascieri and Amelia Iacobucci are my great-grandparents, too? Well, they are, and I'd love to exchange any family info about them, their children, etc. with you. Please contact me!

So who are your grandparents?
angelcarioca

Post by angelcarioca »

so
how can u help me
angelcarioca

Post by angelcarioca »

i look for my family if them have or not
lmg1

Post by lmg1 »

Angelcarioca--I'm sorry--I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you also looking for Mascieri/e or Iacobucci?

Meyernl--I am ordering a death certificate for Nicolo today. Should take a couple of weeks. Then I'll submit the FOIA form and wait. Keep your fingers crossed!....
MaryIacobucci

Post by MaryIacobucci »

In looking for my aunt whose name is the same, I found two. The first is Amelia Iacobucci who arrived on October 17, 1919 on a ship named Duca d'Aosta. It departed the port of Genoa in Italy. She was the third passenger and traveled with Camillo, Genoeffa, and Paolina. Interestingly, I found another Amelia, same October date, same ship with an age of 7 years old which left the port of Napoli on Oct 17, 1919. This is confusing. I found it at www.ellisisland.org. Hope this helps Mary :lol:

OOPS they arrived at Ellis Island
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi,
i found on 1920 federal census Amelia Iacobucci in this family:

Louis Jacobucci Chicago Ward 15, Cook (Chicago) (Cook), Illinois
1882 Italy (Italia) White (Europoide) Head

Josephine Jacobucci Chicago Ward 15, Cook (Chicago) (Cook), Illinois
1890 Italy (Italia) White (Europoide) Wife

Sophie Jacobucci
Josephine Chicago Ward 15, Cook (Chicago) (Cook), Illinois 1914 Illinois White (Europoide) Daughter

Tommy Jacobucci Chicago Ward 15, Cook (Chicago) (Cook), Illinois
1916 Illinois White (Europoide) Son

Sophie Jacobucci Chicago Ward 15, Cook (Chicago) (Cook), Illinois circa 1908 Illinois White (Europoide) Sister-in-law
Visualizza
documento

Amelia Jacobucci Chicago Ward 15, Cook (Chicago) (Cook), Illinois circa 1911 Illinois White Sister-in-law

I cant find the surname of Josephine, wife of Luigi (lewis or louis).She is related to me : i have a picture of this family in another post...
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
meyernl

Post by meyernl »

MaryIacobucci wrote:In looking for my aunt whose name is the same, I found two. The first is Amelia Iacobucci who arrived on October 17, 1919 on a ship named Duca d'Aosta. It departed the port of Genoa in Italy. She was the third passenger and traveled with Camillo, Genoeffa, and Paolina. Interestingly, I found another Amelia, same October date, same ship with an age of 7 years old which left the port of Napoli on Oct 17, 1919. This is confusing. I found it at www.ellisisland.org. Hope this helps Mary :lol:

OOPS they arrived at Ellis Island
I have a photo of my father with Emilia and her husband (Nicola Masciere) that is dated 1943 in Cleveland, Ohio. I am pretty sure she arrived in 1919 and was an adult. In the photo, she looks a bit old (my dad, her grandson, is about 4 or 5).
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

I also live in Cleveland and have family from Collinwood and my Grand Mother's sister Filomena Rinaldi married Michele Iacobucci in 1933....Michele's Parents were Urbano & Teresa Iacobucci they were from the the town of Matrice in the region of Molise which used to be part of Abruzzi....I remember hearing that they had relative visit from Chicago in the 1940s , does any of this sound familiar ?....
meyernl

Post by meyernl »

TonyDiNobile wrote:I also live in Cleveland and have family from Collinwood and my Grand Mother's sister Filomena Rinaldi married Michele Iacobucci in 1933....Michele's Parents were Urbano & Teresa Iacobucci they were from the the town of Matrice in the region of Molise which used to be part of Abruzzi....I remember hearing that they had relative visit from Chicago in the 1940s , does any of this sound familiar ?....
I found the death notices from the Cleveland paper for Urbano and Teresa and did not recognize any of the names. That doesn't mean there isn't a connection to someone I can't find.