finding my relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nunciata

finding my relatives

Post by nunciata »

i would like any info on grandparents barbara romano naples area[south st giovan. john parisi[amer.perris] they say tuscany iwould like to know who their parents were. can you help me? they came tothis country 1907 jonn earlier cant find anything on ellisisland site. n
ptimber
Master
Master

finding my relatives

Post by ptimber »

Please advise whether you have obtained social security info if they are deceased after 1963. Please furnish any town of origin since all records are in town of origin. Did they enter USA in another city? Peter
nunciata

finding my relatives

Post by nunciata »

peter they died before 1963 i dont know ssns johnparisi perris died in clarksburg w.va. barbara romano perris died in thousand oaks ca. n.
ptimber
Master
Master

finding my relatives

Post by ptimber »

Before I send you trapsing for death certificates please explain your original posting...what is(south s. giovan.john parisi{amer/perris\"??????????peter
nunciata

Re: finding my relatives

Post by nunciata »

I'm going to Italy in sept. trying to find cousins maybe Parise in San Giovanni in fiore. My grandmothers name was Romano. How do I find out?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Italian telephone directory for Parise's located in San Giovanni in Fiore: http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... fiore&l=en

And, Romano's: http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... i+In+Fiore

Have a great trip! Wish I was going with you. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I hope San Giovanni in Fiore is the right town. Tuscany and Naples are not in the same Province.
Before you go to Italy on a wild goose chase you need to be certain of the town. You need the immigration record or natuaralization record. It should give you the correct information and perhpas the fathers name.
When you have this, go to the 'anagrafe' of the town and ask for his birth record. Then ask if they know where he lived (at least what part of town), then compare with the phone book and start knocking on doors.
Good luck.
If you can't find the above documents try lostquays@ymail.com
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.