Great GrandParents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nickbenjamin

Great GrandParents

Post by nickbenjamin »

I'm looking for stats on my great grandparents(birth,marriage,death dates). My grandparents on my father's side (Nicola Franco and Assunta Vessella) came from Pietroviarano, Caserta and my mother's parents (Benedetto Montanaro and Angelina Buco) came from Roccamonfina,Caserta. My great grandparents probably lived during the early to mid 1800s. I tried searching records at the Mormon genealogy in Salt Lake City recently but no luck (seems they were short on records from Italy).

I assume I need to go to Italy or contact the Ufficio dello strato civile in these towns.
Any other suggestions?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Great GrandParents

Post by liviomoreno »

You mean Pietravairano?

The Ufficio di Stato Civile adresses are:

Comune di Pietravairano
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Battisti
81040 Pietravairano CE
Italy

Comune di Roccamonfina
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Municipio 15
81035 Roccamonfina CE
Italy
nickbenjamin

Post by nickbenjamin »

Dear Livio,

You are right. I had spelled Pietravairano incorrectly in my original note.

Thank you very much for the addresses for the Ufficios di Stato Civile. These will be very helpful.

By the way, my wife has a cousin living in Rome, Ugo Morelli. We have not seen him since 1986.
Take care,

Nicola Benedetto Franco
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
Is the list of films for Pietravairano. 1809 - 1929
Many of the more recent records were filmed at the Tribunal which often indicates that the original records were lost during WW2. For you, this often means that if your ancestor had left Italy before WW2 their records would not have been reconstructed and therefore will not be found. Not even in the Stato Civile.
You might want to contact the church to see if their records survived.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.