Translation of death record please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Translation of death record please

Post by lilbees »

This is the death record 17 Sep 1877 for Ciriaco Guiliano (Battiglio) Battillo. Could someone translate for me? Please note if a place of birth is included in this record as well as the correct spelling of the names included.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9573 ... ath187.jpg

Thank you,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation of death record please

Post by Tessa78 »

Date of record is 18 September 1877
It states that Giuliano Bottiglio died at the Hospital San Leonardo at 6:30 yesterday (17th)
Son of deceased Costantino and Anna Maria Biascillo (both deceased)
He was 46 and the husband of Elisabetta Vanorio (sp?)

The annotation states that the name of the deceased is Ciriaco Bottiglio.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The annotation (dated 15 xxx 1889?) on the right states that, per order of the Civil Court of Naples, the name of deceased must be read Ciriaco Bottillo husband of Elisabetta Vanaria.

Ciriaco Bottillo died in the hospital St. Leonardo, at 6pm on Sept 17, 1877. Aged 49, he was born in Castellammare di Stabia to the deceased Costantino and the deceased Anna Maria Biasiello. Husband of Elisabetta Vanaria. The death was registered on the 18th at 8am.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Livio, :D

I missed the spelling of the last name to Bottillo in the annotation :oops:

But I have to say, I keep seeing his age as 46, not 49. Am I looking at someone else's age?

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:Hi Livio, :D

I missed the spelling of the last name to Bottillo in the annotation :oops:

But I have to say, I keep seeing his age as 46, not 49. Am I looking at someone else's age?

T.
46 :D
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks Tessa and Livio. I was really hoping to see a town of birth on this one. Oh well!

The surname changes over time to Battillo with many versions. Frustrating? But what is so frustrating is that many informants who reported births or death or marriages also reverted to the original name of the family.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

lilbees wrote:Thanks Tessa and Livio. I was really hoping to see a town of birth on this one. Oh well!...
lilbees
ooops...
"Nativo di questa città". He was born in Castellammare di Stabia