name of Frank (Francesco) Bangrozzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jackdaisy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: name of Frank (Francesco) Bangrozzo

Post by jackdaisy »

suanj, you are amazing! You found the 1910 census and the Ellis island entry. Great work. I spent Saturday evening searching Ellis island for both Franks and I really didn't come up with anything useable. Now I have a lot to work with. I am going to look for Frank Bagarrozza's naturalization papers since he states in the 1930 census he had his first papers. They ae always interesting. Also these naturalization papers should give us a lot of information, More then the earlier papers. Also I will look for films on Frank in Castelnnove di Canza. With his father being 50, I should be able to get his death record from one of the indexes on sites such as familysearch. It will be great if Frank Bagarrozza and various spellings leads me to Frank Cebello and various spellings.
It is Sunday morning and I have to stop now, life is intefering with my genealogy research. I'll get back to you as soon as I settle down after the high feelings of your great finds.
Thank you again.

Jack
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Jack I spent much time in 1910 census finding abt Frank Cibello/Siballo/Cebello etc... no results in Newark, no in all Essex county, no in NJ state and no in all the USA....!!
So where the family was? I searched by all surname version, given names versions, by street... by birthyear from 1870 to 1900 and no luck.... seeming that the family start the life by 1920 census!
the children was all born in Newark, NJ? you have the birthacts?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

As per http://www.paginebianche.it, there are several individuals with the surname Cibelli living in Castelnuovo di Conza.
John Armellino
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

There are also a couple of individuals with the surname Sibilia in Castelnuovo Di Conza.
John Armellino
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks John...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Great job with Bagarozza, Raffaella. Jack and I are friends here in New Jersey and I know he really appreciates your help.
John Armellino
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

dear john, thanks; really I wish help Jack, but it is a bit hard...

a Francesco Sibilia, shoemaker, from Castelnuovo di Conza, mother maria in Castelnuovo di Conza, arrived in USA in 1910... 18 old.. final destination Newark, NJ...
again , second trip in 1914... mother maria del Vecchio in Castelnuovo di Conza, final destination Jesery City
the age no matching, obviously, and our Frank, married at Katie Colonna in 1904, was born abt in 1881...
but seeming that Castelnuovo di Conza, as birth place, and Sibilia as surname, they could be right clues...

maybe Frank arrived before of 1892... with family... for that no entry by ellisisland website... but by my search I can say that it was some surname of Castelnuovo di Conza in Newark, so maybe we are on just way...

regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

if Frank arrived before of 1892, I found this record:
New Jersey State Census, 1885 for Frank Sabilia

Name: Frank Sabilia
Event: Census
Event Year: 1885
Event Place: Newark, Ward 06, Essex, New Jersey
Age Class: 5 to 20 years
Family Number: 475
Page: 89
Film Number: 888611
Household Gender Age
Mary L Sabilia
F
Michael Sabilia
M
Jose Sabilia
M
Marie Sabilia
F
Frank Sabilia M
I cannot find it on 1895 NJ census....
suggestions?
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jackdaisy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jackdaisy »

suanj,I just returned to the computer late this afternoon in New Jersey. I see that you met my good friend here in NJ, Frank Armelino. He has helped me many times over the years. I really do appreciate the work you have done. You opened up this mysterious family which puzzled me and the family. The children of Frank Cebello(?) and Katherine the wife are of course dead. The one grand child I know doesn't want any part of the family, she is still very upset because her grandfather left the grandmother. The great grandchildren are very interested in knowing where they came from but have little information. The most important record they had and gave me was the marriage date so I was able to get the marriage record from the state.The marriage took place 7 Dec 1904.
Here is the information I have on Frank and Katherine's children:
Fortunato was born in Newark in 1906 When he married he eventually moved to Verona, NJ a suburb of Newark where he stayed the rest of his life.
Angelo born circa 1909 in Newark
Marie born circa 1911 in Newark
Romeo born circa 1912 in Newark
Florence born circa 1913 in Newark
Frances born Circa 1915 in Newark.
This evening I am going to organize the information you found and get my thoughts straight so I can plan my next move. I am going to see what films are available from Family Search for Castelnove di Canza.
I have a lot of work on the family to do here and I will get back to you tomorrow. Thank you again for all the work you have done and t he important information you have found.

Jack
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I see that you met my good friend here in NJ, Frank Armelino.
Hey Jack - You've been looking for Frank Bangrosso and Frank Cibelli way too long! I hope you're not calling Pat by the name of Frank, too. LOL
John Armellino
jackdaisy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jackdaisy »

Message for both John Armellino and suanj.
Sorry John for calling you Frank, the name Frank is everywhere in this family. The nephew who asked me to research his family is also called Frank. Too many Franks. I should be able to remelmber John since it is my christian name also, Jack being a nick name.

Jack
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Jack, I have this infos:
NAME: Fortunato Cebello
BIRTH: 17 Sep 1906
DEATH: Dec 1985 - Verona, Essex, New Jersey, United States of America
CIVIL: New Jersey
OTHER: Verona, Essex, New Jersey, United States of America

NAME: Kate Cebello
BIRTH: 16 Jan 1891
DEATH: Mar 1968 - Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
CIVIL: New Jersey

Name: Angelo C Cebello
Birth Date: 19 Feb 1908
Birthplace: New Jersey
Death Date: 30 Apr 1989
Death Place: Los Angeles
Mother's Maiden Name: Collona (Colonna)

Name: Romeo J. Cebello
Birth: 19 May 1911
Death: 8 Oct 2005 - Las Vegas, Clark, Nevada
Civil: Nevada

maybe helpful,
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jackdaisy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jackdaisy »

suanj, Thank you very much for this family information It is very helpful. I like to fill in my family information. I emailed the nephew in this family and sent him the information you found and he was very excited and he asked me to tell you how much he appreciates your work. He knew so little of his family's background.

I still have a lot of work to do of course. I am looking into civil registration films on Family Search available for Salerno provence among other things. I am going to work some more on Frank Cebello (and various spellings)and when he came into the US.

I'll get back to you soon with information as I find it.

Jack
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Jack,
I searched also this afternoon, abt Frank Sibilia and no luck abt the arrival.. it is very strange, also I no found Michele Bagarozza arrival... if the Bagarozzas was related to Sibilias, becaus Michele Bagarozza arrived befor of own son, I suspect that maybe he travelled with Francesco Sibilia... instead no luck; also I know that Michele( Michael) Bagarozza was in Newark, NJ in the 1920; because I found 2 crossed trips, of the him son in law: Gerardo Renna, husband of Rosina Bagarozza (daughter of Michael)..

Philadelphia Passenger Lists, 1800-1945
about Garardo Renna Name: Garardo Renna
Arrival Date: 17 Mar 1921
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1895
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Regina D'italia
Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Friend's Name: Michele Bagarozza
Last Residence: Salerno
Birthplace: Castel Nuovo, Salerno
Microfilm Roll Number: T840_141

Boston Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1943
about Gerardo Ranna
Name: Gerardo Ranna
Arrival Date: 2 Apr 1921
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1895
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Ship Name: Pocahontas
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Michele Bagarozza ( living in 34 Garside st Newark NJ)
Last Residence: Salerno
Birthplace: Castelnuo Conza, Salerno

now: where was Francesco(Frank) Sibilia( Cebello) in 1910??

I no found it...
where he was in 1920?
Mystery.
Where he go, after the him problem in Newark?
I believe that he remained in USA and changed the name, for that need of to know the birthdate... almost we can continue the search...
I believe that he no in Canada, because it was more easy to hide in USA instead that in Canada... because in USA was more easy to change the name...
in a similar case, perfectly equal, on this forum, the italian man after the homicide of own wife, going in Alabama, as miner; in 1930 he lived with own brother in Florida; died by drowning in Florida...
but no changed the name.... for that I found it......
but Frank Sibilia is a mystery for me... I searched in all database, I made a deep search as better I can make it, and seeming that this man never existed....
so maybe, if
- our idea that Castelnuovo di Conza is the right birthplace by LDS microfilms you can find the birthact, and we can search more....

-I know not if Frank Sibilia was naturalized.. and it are no database on line abt that for to search... but to search the naturalization could be helpful also..

-also, by ancestry.com I cannot find some article in newspaper abt Frank problem around 1915... because if the family rumor is true, some new on local newspaper.. it must be .... what can be interesting if it was a process or what....

regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jackdaisy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jackdaisy »

suanj, Thank you again for all the work you have done on this family and the great results that have come out of it. I know I couldnt have found all this information alone.
You show Michele Bagarozza living at 34 Garside St, Newark and Gerado Renna traveling to him there. I recognize the street, Garside. It is in what was then the Part of Newark that manny Italians migrated to live near others they knew from Italy.
Concerning Naturalization, I have to look into it here in NJ and I very much want to see if Frank Cebello-Sibilia was Naturalized. Records and films are available from LDS as well as films and records in the state Archives. It just will take me a little time to work on it.
Concerning a possible problem Frank Sibilia got himself into, that is a tough one. I have to look for something that possibly happened without knowing when. Probably after 1914-15 when the last child was born but when? Also there is the thought that maybe Frank just didn't want to stay with his wife and children and made up the story. I don't know of any newspapers in NJ that have their papers indexed and online that far back. This is going to take some investigating by me but I would really love to find something about it.
I spent most of this evening after dinner looking on Family Search site for films for Castelnuovo di Conza. LDS search didnt come up with that name. In fact I looked into any comuni in Salerno Provence that LDS came up with and there doesn't seem to be very many films available with Civil Registration. Salerno itself doesn't show any. I am going to see if a Provence or Regional office has the records in an archive that has been filmed. If not I found a site that has the address of Castelnuovo di Conza and its email address and I would email them and try to determine the availability of records.
Well it is getting late here in NJ. All the information you have found has kept me busy these last few days. Your work is greatly appreciated by me and the family of Frank Sibilia.
Jack