Help translating a letter????

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Help translating a letter????

Post by Petrarca »

Hi,

I don't really have the money to get all the necessary documents for Italian citizenship, so I thought I'd write to the Italian senator who represents the town in which my great-grandfather was born. I realize that this probably won't accomplish much, but I want to try anyway. If anyone would be kind enough to translate my letter, I'd be most aprreciateve.

Dear Madame Senator:

My name is Ronald Petrarca, and I would very much like to become an Italian citizen. I qualify under the principle of juris sanguinis since my great-grandfather, Sabattino D'Agostino (who was born in the town of Gaetano Ameiterno in 1885) did not renounce his Italian citizenship until after my grandmother was born. Therefore, there in an unbroken line of decent from my great-grandfather to my grandmother and hence to my father and me.
I realize that the normal procedure is to acquire all the birth, marriage, death and other certificates, as well as apostilles and translation and submit them to the Italian consulate nearest me (Boston.) However, this is an extrememly costly procedure and I just don't have the funds to gather ALL the necessary paperwork. I do, however, have my, my father's, and grandmother's birth certificates, as well as my great-grandfather's American Naturalization papers.
Since you are the representative of my family's ancestral area of Italy, I was wondering if, perhaps, you could be kind enough to help me expedite the process? Perhaps by assisting me in submitting my request directly to the appropriate Italian authorities, or by any other means you deem appropriate.

Thank you very much,

Ron
kabubi

Re: Help translating a letter????

Post by kabubi »

Petrarca wrote: .......................

Dear Madame Senator:

My name is Ronald Petrarca, and I would very much like to become an Italian citizen. I qualify under the principle of juris sanguinis since my great-grandfather, Sabattino D'Agostino (who was born in the town of Gaetano Ameiterno in 1885) did not renounce his Italian citizenship until after my grandmother was born. Therefore, there in an unbroken line of decent from my great-grandfather to my grandmother and hence to my father and me.
I realize that the normal procedure is to acquire all the birth, marriage, death and other certificates, as well as apostilles and translation and submit them to the Italian consulate nearest me (Boston.) However, this is an extrememly costly procedure and I just don't have the funds to gather ALL the necessary paperwork. I do, however, have my, my father's, and grandmother's birth certificates, as well as my great-grandfather's American Naturalization papers.
Since you are the representative of my family's ancestral area of Italy, I was wondering if, perhaps, you could be kind enough to help me expedite the process? Perhaps by assisting me in submitting my request directly to the appropriate Italian authorities, or by any other means you deem appropriate.

Thank you very much,

Ron
Egregio Senatore.

Il mio nome è Ronald Petrarca e desidererei moltissimo diventare un cittadino italiano *I don't understand* il mio bisnonno Sabatino D'Agostino (Nato a Cagnano Amiterno (AQ) nel 1885) egli non rinunciò alla cittadinanza Italiana fino a che non nacque mia nonna. Quindi c'è una discendenza diretta dal mio bisnonno a mio nonno e a mio padre fino a me.
So che la normale procedura è quella di acquisire tutti i certificati di nascita, matrimonio e morte, tradurli ed inviarli al consolato Italiano a me più vicino (Boston). Questa naturalmente è una procedura estremamente costosa ed io non ho i fondi necessari per produrre tutte le documentazioni necessarie. In mio possesso ho il certificato di nascita mio, di mio padre e di mio nonno, oltre al certificato di cittadinanza Statunitense del mio bisnonno.
So che Lei è il rappresentante in parlamento della zona di origine della mia famiglia e vorrei sapere se Le è possibile aiutarmi in qualche modo per snellire questo iter burocratico. Magari assistendomi inviando direttamente la richiesta alle autorità italiane preposte, o in qualsiasi altro modo Le sarà possibile.

Ringraziandola, le porgo i miei Distinti Saluti.

Ronald Petrarca

------

I changed the town name ;)
I live about 50 Miles Ovest from this small town

Theese are some links...
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/066/013/
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/ ... 20Amiterno

Bye
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

Thank you VERY much!!!!!!!
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

kabubi wrote:
Egregio Senatore.
Hi Kabubi,
I have a question regarding the salutation: since the senator from L'Aquila-Avezzano (whose jurisdiction Cagnano Amiterno falls under) is Maria Claudia Ioannucci, shouldn’t the letter be addressed to Gentile Senatore or better yet Gentile Senatrice ?

Maria
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Interesting approach. Let us know the results.

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

VaDeb wrote:Interesting approach. Let us know the results.

Debbie
yes Debbie, hoping...
About Gentile Senatore, is just Gentile Senatrice ..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
kabubi

Post by kabubi »

I think "Senatrice" is one of most worst word I've ever heard in my life :)
Like "Ministra" or "Avvocatessa".

I prefer "Senatore" also with woman.
Bye
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

as you know a, in Italy are the senatrici :Rita Levi Montalcini, Aureliana Alberici, Maria Chiara Acciarini, Vittoria Franco etc.. and for all, wherever, in Camera and Parlamento, also on their same websites, the word is: senatrice ...suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
kabubi

Post by kabubi »

I know the correct way is "Senatrice" (as you can read also here:
http://www.accademiadellacrusca.it/faq/ ... &ctg_id=93 ) but "La Senatore" is also acceptable, and I prefer it. :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

kabubi wrote:I know the correct way is "Senatrice" (as you can read also here:
http://www.accademiadellacrusca.it/faq/ ... &ctg_id=93 ) but "La Senatore" is also acceptable, and I prefer it. :)
ok, kabubi, sono italiana e ti capisco, personalmente, in qualità di donna, preferisco senatrice, perchè la mascolinizzazione, anche se solo in un titolo, non mi piace....ciao, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Petrarca wrote:Hi,

I qualify under the principle of juris sanguinis since my great-grandfather, Sabattino D'Agostino (who was born in the town of Gaetano Ameiterno in 1885) did not renounce his Italian citizenship until after my grandmother was born. Therefore, there in an unbroken line of decent from my great-grandfather to my grandmother and hence to my father and me.
I would love to hear what you get back from this.
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

Ok, I'll let everyone know what happens when it happens....