Rotolo - Alia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rrotolo

Rotolo - Alia

Post by rrotolo »

researching family line
Pasquale Rotolo
Son of Salvatore Rotolo & Francesca Vivirito
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Filipa Martino
Son of Ignazio Rotolo & Salvadora Miceli
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Giacoma Cardinale

All records from Alia, Italy but would like to uncover more information.

I am 8th generation and live in Louisiana, USA. Any information would be appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Rotolo - Alia

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website can you add a little more info like some birthdates and any other info you can give..........

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rrotolo wrote:researching family line
Pasquale Rotolo
Son of Salvatore Rotolo & Francesca Vivirito
Son of Pasquale Rotolo & Filipa Martino
Son of Ignazio Rotolo & Salvadora Miceli

All records from Alia, Italy but would like to uncover more information.

I am 8th generation and live in Louisiana, USA. Any information would be appreciated.

Are you saying that you already have all the records from Alia for 8 generations?

What information are you looking for?

T.
rrotolo

Post by rrotolo »

I have records of these generations but would like locate actual documents if possible, and to see if anyone is researching this same line w/ possible documents. I would also like to locate ancestors still living in Alia based on this lineage and connect for future trip. Would like share information!
rrotolo

Post by rrotolo »

Sure.
I would like to share information and discover new information on this lineage. I have some records from familyseacrh.org - mostly births,christening & death. Would also like to connect with possible relatives in Alia as I am planning a trip to research further.

I am the grandson of:

Dominick Rotolo b.01JAN1901 Louisiana d 15JAN1988 LA

Son of Pasquale Rotolo b.1856,Alia d. ? LA
& Nunzio Leta Zito b.26JUNE1867,Alia d. 13SEP1950 California

Son of Salvatore Rotolo b.1821,Alia & Francesca Vivirito b 07APR1823
Son of Pasquale Rotolo b.1783 d.22MAR1837 & Filipa Martino
Son of Ignazio Rotolo b. 1763 d.22FEB1823 & Salvadora Miceli
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rrotolo wrote:I have records of these generations but would like locate actual documents if possible, and to see if anyone is researching this same line w/ possible documents. I would also like to locate ancestors still living in Alia based on this lineage and connect for future trip. Would like share information!
There are currently 2 listings in Alia with the name Rotolo in the Italian Phone Book...
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... lo&dv=Alia

Help with letters to potential relatives...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html

To request documents from the Civil Registration office in Alia...
Write, in Italian to:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via R. Elena, 1
90021 Alia (PA)
ITALY

Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

T.
jrotolo

Post by jrotolo »

I am looking for similar information. I also live in Louisiana with family from Alia with the surname of Rotolo.

My family entered the US in 1898 and moved to Louisiana- Marino Rotolo on the Trojan Prince sailed from Palermo.
mrotolo1943

Post by mrotolo1943 »

My grandfather, Mariano (Marino) Rotolo landed at Ellis Island on Sept. 6, 1898. He left his home town of Alia. He made the trip over with his wife (?) and a one year old child. For some reason his wife used her madian name. He followed his brother over. His Brother was in PA, I think. My grandfather made it to Napoleonville, LA, where he had relatives. The baby was lost on the trip sadly. I still reside in Napoleonville. I was named after my grandfather, Marino M. Rotolo. Would love to find
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

mrotolo1943 wrote:My grandfather, Mariano (Marino) Rotolo landed at Ellis Island on Sept. 6, 1898. He left his home town of Alia. He made the trip over with his wife (?) and a one year old child. For some reason his wife used her madian name. He followed his brother over. His Brother was in PA, I think. My grandfather made it to Napoleonville, LA, where he had relatives. The baby was lost on the trip sadly. I still reside in Napoleonville. I was named after my grandfather, Marino M. Rotolo. Would love to find
Italian women kept their maiden name and so all travel documents would reflect this, and the ship manifest would as well. :-)

You never finished your sentence... "Would love to find...?"

Maybe we can help.

T.
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sazzlynn »

I've been researching the Rotolo Family from Alia in Napoleonville, LA and can probably provide information. Do you know your grandmother's name? There are 2 Marino Rotolo families in Napoleonville in the early 1900s.
mrotolo1943

Post by mrotolo1943 »

My grandfather's name was Marino or Mariano and grandmother was Rosalie.
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sazzlynn »

mrotolo1943 wrote:My grandfather's name was Marino or Mariano and grandmother was Rosalie.
Our family line is from Giuseppe, Mariano's younger brother. Grandpa came to Baton Rouge from Napoleonville as a young man and the family has been here ever since.
I think I have a copy of the marriage document for Mariano and Rosalia Daura, 29 Nov, 1895, in Alia. Give me a couple of days to find it. My research was done a few years ago.
mrotolo1943

Post by mrotolo1943 »

I too am a Rotolo in Louisiana. I was named after my grandfather, Mariano Rotolo, who landed at Elis Island on Sept. 6, 1898 with his wife and 1 year old baby. He too was from Alia. After visiting his brother in PA they made the trip to Napoleonville, LA. The baby died along the trip. My father, Louis, was born here in Napoleonville in 1903. His siblings included Charles, Mary, Therisa, Josie,and Sam. I just started using this site and have found a couple connection to my family, but I really don't think we have any, you and I. Marino Rotolo
Mardi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mardi »

I notice your post....I have a Cosimo [Caroline] Rotolo that married a Luke Trombatore in Napoleonville, LA. I have that they had two children Rosalia and Biaggio.
According from what I have the family moved to Chicago, IL, that is were both of the children were born.
Is there any connection to my Trombatore Family?
Mardi
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sazzlynn »

Mardi wrote:I notice your post....I have a Cosimo [Caroline] Rotolo that married a Luke Trombatore in Napoleonville, LA. I have that they had two children Rosalia and Biaggio.
According from what I have the family moved to Chicago, IL, that is were both of the children were born.
Is there any connection to my Trombatore Family?
Mardi
Hi Mardi,
Cosima Rotolo (born 13 Oct, 1905, Napoleonville) married Luke Trombatore at St Ann's Catholic Church, Napoleonville, 12 Jan 1927. She is our grandfather Vincenzo Rotolo's younger sister. They did live in Chicago and had 2 children. I believe that others of the Trombatore family also lived there.
I haven't traced the Trombatore line so can't provide you with any information on Luke's family. Her parents were Giuseppe Rotolo and Liboria Todaro from Alia.