Maria Virzi marriage to Salvatore Provencano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pdchenderson13
Rookie
Rookie

Maria Virzi marriage to Salvatore Provencano

Post by pdchenderson13 »

Possibly in the Canicatti/Riesi area?
I am looking for information about the above marriage (second marriage). Maria was widowed after her first husband Antonio Caruso died of a heart attack. She married Salvatore (who was older, DOB approximatley 1884) some time later, certainly after 1932. He had lived in America and been a widow himself. He apparently had a terminal condition, and came home to Sicily. I understand he had 2 children but I have no more information than that. (I don't know if the children were grown up, came to Sicily, or stayed in USA.)

I am looking for marriage details, and death certificate for Salvatore.

Maria Virzi (1909-1992) Her father was Carmelo and her Mother Crocifissa (Aquiesto).
Grazie Patrizia
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Maria Virzi marriage to Salvatore Provencano

Post by adelfio »

Maria Virzi birth record from Canicatti Italy if you didnt have it

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9576/mariavirzi.jpg

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
pdchenderson13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pdchenderson13 »

Hi Marty,
Many thanks for this, I did have an abbreviated version, but this seems to have more information, I may need to read it a little closer to make out all the details. Fantastic to even have the time she was born!
Thank you so very much!
Patrizia
Grazie Patrizia
pdchenderson13
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Maria Virzi marriage to Salvatore Provenzano

Post by pdchenderson13 »

I have a little more information, but have had no luck searching on ancestry or elsewhere. Can anyone help? It seems Maria and Salvatore were married in Canicatti around 1946, could be a few years either way. Salvatore died about two years later of throat cancer. He was in hospital in Canicatti. Salvatore was considerably older than Maria. Could have been retirement age? Salvatore had been in America and had sold olive oil, which he did again when he returned to Canicatti.

I would welcome any information at all. I also had mis-spelled his surname which should be a "z" rather than a "c"

Thanks
Grazie Patrizia
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is birth record from Canicatti for Salvatore Provenzano, born 1886
Son of Diego Provenzano and Alfonsa Napoli
Born on the 12th of February and presented by his father on the 14th of February at the town hall.

Top left - Record #157
Click on image once to enlarge, and again to magnify...

You might want to write to the comune of Canicatti to request the marriage record. However, since it is a more recent document, because of privacy issues you may have difficulty obtaining it...

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso Umberto I
92024 Canicattì (AG)
ITALY

Help with letters in Italian...
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.