Bello from Montella, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
krombie19
Rookie
Rookie

Bello from Montella, Italy

Post by krombie19 »

Hello,

I am in the process of researching my wife's genealogy. Her great great great grandfather was Guiseppe Bello from Montella, Avellino, Campania, Italy. He married Maria Pascale and had 6 kids. Fred (Ferdinando), Ralph (Raffaele), John (Giovanni), and Paolo (Paul) all came to the United States. Carmela Maria and Luisa Maria supposedly stayed in Italy.

Paolo married Carmela Cantillo and had Salvatore Bello before he came to the United States.

Is anyone else researching this family?

I also have another question. We received documents from the church in Montella about this family and they state that they have two records for a Giuseppe Bello dated about two years apart with the exact same parents and everything. I currently have the birth records on microfilm from LDS and they have two exact same records dated the same as well. Is is possible that the child from the first record past away and they named the new baby the same? What are your thoughts on this?

If are researching this family and would like to see my family tree, let me know and I can send you an email.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Bello from Montella, Italy

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Two facts:

1) Death in infancy and early childhood was a sad but common event.

2) In Italy as in much of Europe at the time, it was common to give the name of a deceased child to the next-born child of the same sex.

It is very likely that the first Giuseppe died at a very young age; try searching the death records ("Atti di Morte") for the period between his birth and the birth of the second Giuseppe.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
krombie19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by krombie19 »

I looked at the two birth records for Guiseppe Bello today. It looks like the first record has Antonio Bello listed as the father, the second record has someone with the last name Volpe as the father, the mothers name is the same on both records. Do you have any idea what this might be about?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you post the images of the documents so we can take a look? Maybe we can see something that will explain it...
Wondering if "Volpe" was the declarant, and not the father... :-)

Good image sharing site is http://postimage.org/

T.
krombie19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by krombie19 »

http://postimage.org/image/ftq2ztfo/

That is a link to the best image I could get from the file. If you can share any information it would be greatly appreciated
krombie19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by krombie19 »

http://postimage.org/image/16nex5l1g/

Here is a link to the earlier birth of Guiseppe Bello
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

krombie19 wrote:I looked at the two birth records for Guiseppe Bello today. It looks like the first record has Antonio Bello listed as the father, the second record has someone with the last name Volpe as the father, the mothers name is the same on both records. Do you have any idea what this might be about?
On this record (the first image you posted) - dated 27 May 1837 - the person who appeared at the town hall and declared the birth is "Vincenza Volpe, 32, midwife [levatrice])...
The child was born to Luigia Mariano(?) legitimate wife of Antonio Bello, she is age 27.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

krombie19 wrote:http://postimage.org/image/16nex5l1g/

Here is a link to the earlier birth of Guiseppe Bello
This record is dated 19 December 1835
Father - Antonio Bello, laborer, age 29
Mother - Maria Luigia Mariano(?) really hard to read ... :-( - Age 25

T.
Belloc1

Post by Belloc1 »

I am also a Bello and my family is from Montella Italy I’m getting a 23 and me test soon and my great aunt has a lot of records on our family including crest and a lot of other information if you’d like to see if they coincide or potentially shows were related.