Looking for Gesualdo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adegesualdo

Looking for Gesualdo

Post by adegesualdo »

Hello,

My Great Grandfather was Joseph Eustacchio DiGesualdo (I believe Immagration added the Di to the name, and his son, my Grandfather, later changed it to DeGesualdo). Anyway, he was born in Cansano, Italy around 1893. He married Phyllis (Grosso). I'm not sure when they immagrated, but I know that he came with some of his family. They had six children whom where all born in the States. My Grandfather was the fifth child, the only boy, he was born in March of 1927. If anybody has any information it would be greatly appreciated. One of my Aunts (my Grandfathers sisters) married a DiPaolo, the other married Eddie Capola (they had no children). I believe my Grandfather and his family lived in Trinidad, Colorado before moving to Frederick, Colorado to do coal mining. Frederick is where most of our family lives today, or in the surrounding areas.

Thank you for your time,

April
goldhunter
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Gesualdo

Post by goldhunter »

Hi April,

It appears that the spelling Di Gesualdo is correct in Italy. I found a lot of records in the LDS, Mormon genealogy files for the Abruzzo region using this spelling. The DiGesualdo spelling most likely occurred when your relatives went through Ellis Island. There are a number of DiGesualdos and 1 DeGesualdo from Colorado, listed in the Social Security files. These records can also be found at the LDS website. There is a "pedigree file" that was submitted by a Sammy DiGregorio from Longmont, Co. It is for an Angela Marie DiGesualdo born in, 1809. She married a DiPaolo. If you view these files, check out all the different name spellings. http://www.familysearch.org

They also have civil records for Cansano from the years 1809 - 1865, which can be viewed at one of their Family History Centers. There are quite a few centers in Colorado. If you need more help, let me know.

Jay
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DonnaPellegrin »

April,
There is a listing on the www.ellisisland.org website for a 13 year old Giuseppe DiGesualdo who arrived 13 April 1905 from the town of Canzano. He was with his father, Eustachio and headed to Colorado. Sounds like your guy.
Donna Pellegrin
dustyking73

Re: Looking for DiGesualdo

Post by dustyking73 »

Hi April>> I'm doing Genealogy on DiGesualdo
espically in the Frederick Colorado area.
Maybe we can help each other? Doug Garman
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

adegesualdo wrote:Hello,

My Great Grandfather was Joseph Eustacchio DiGesualdo (I believe Immagration added the Di to the name, and his son, my Grandfather, later changed it to DeGesualdo). Anyway, he was born in Cansano, Italy around 1893. He married Phyllis (Grosso). I'm not sure when they immagrated, but I know that he came with some of his family. They had six children whom where all born in the States. My Grandfather was the fifth child, the only boy, he was born in March of 1927. If anybody has any information it would be greatly appreciated. One of my Aunts (my Grandfathers sisters) married a DiPaolo, the other married Eddie Capola (they had no children). I believe my Grandfather and his family lived in Trinidad, Colorado before moving to Frederick, Colorado to do coal mining. Frederick is where most of our family lives today, or in the surrounding areas.

Thank you for your time,

April
Hello April,
you can get some information requesting his birth certificate to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Garibaldi 15
64020 Canzano (TE)
Italy

or you can rent Canzano civil record microfilm to FHL (mormon church)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

or you can contact

Archivio di Stato di Teramo

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... 2TERAMO%22

I hope it helps,bye Riccardo