Genzano - Granieri / Loguercio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Brock1

Genzano - Granieri / Loguercio

Post by Brock1 »

Hello All ...
I have stumbled across this site and apologize for "crashing". I am tracing relatives back to Genzano Giovanni Defato".
I have a relative who emigrated from Genzano and listed an "Uncle John Defato" in Hoboken (eventually moved to Brooklyn). My great grandfather Nicolo Loguercio and great grandmother Rosa Granieri - are from Genzano who came to New York in the 1st decade of the 20th century.
If anything listed here ring any bells - i'd be glad to share information.

Thanks !
JoanD

Re: Genzano - Granieri / Loguercio

Post by JoanD »

Giovanni (John) DeFato was my great grandfather. He married Grazia Maria Anobile in Genzano where they had two children. The oldest, Vincenzo (later James), was my grandfather. They lived in Hoboken where their other children were born before they moved to Brooklyn.
dee32

Post by dee32 »

It always pays to check back on this site. In older posts I mentioned that my ancestors "uncle" in the U.S. was John DeFato. I had not been able to make the connection between DeFato and Anobile until now. I haven't made the connection between your Grazia Maria and my Serafina, but at least now I know that John De Fato married an Anobile. Thanks.
JoanD

Post by JoanD »

Would Serafina Anobile have been on the S.S. Europa in May of 1914?
dee32

Post by dee32 »

Yes, that is her and part of her family. Have you been able to connect these two families
JoanD

Post by JoanD »

I haven't made a connection yet but there were certainly many Anobiles in Genzano. I found her in a listing of people detained on Ellis Island before entry. I don't know the codes so I don't know the reason.
dee32

Post by dee32 »

Her daughter had pinkeye. She and one of her sisters, both young children, were sent back to Genzano and lived with an aunt for a while.