Rudy Giuliani will be hosting AMC's Mob Week

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Squigy
Master
Master

Rudy Giuliani will be hosting AMC's Mob Week

Post by Squigy »

Here's a story about it on the New York Times website:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/201 ... _week.html

I was shocked when I heard this. It's bad enough that this whole television event encourages stereotypes against Italian-Americans, but to add insult to injury Rudolph Giuliani, an intelligent and successful Italian-American politician of whom we can all be proud, is HOSTING it.

I REALLY don't get this! He's not an actor or a mobster, so why should he be hosting it? Because he's of Italian descent of course, which means he MUST have a connection to the Mafia!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Re: Rudy Giuliani will be hosting AMC's Mob Week

Post by rancelli »

I really enjoyed watching those movies this week!!!! Like most other people I could have done without Godfather III. That movie was pointless. My favorite of the three is definitely Godfather II.

As far as Giuliani hosting, being an Italian from NY probably helped. I believe he also fought organized crime when he was mayor of NY. BUT he loves mafia movies...Go figure :)
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Just wanted to say..... Rudy's dad was indeed in the mafia. Not saying thats why he hosted it but, using him as an example of people portraying stereo types and not actually living up to them does not apply to Rudy. However he did indeed fight the mafia and clean up the streets despite his family having past connections.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Post by rancelli »

sceaminmonkey wrote:Just wanted to say..... Rudy's dad was indeed in the mafia. Not saying thats why he hosted it but, using him as an example of people portraying stereo types and not actually living up to them does not apply to Rudy. However he did indeed fight the mafia and clean up the streets despite his family having past connections.
I had no idea his father was in the mob. I learn something new everyday on this site. Thanks for sharing :)
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Julo »

WOW! I didn't know that Rudy's father was in the MOB...But you know what? I just researched it and he was arrested for holding up a milkman, he did a stint for 18 months, if that's being in the mob, TI SALUTO !
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

apparently the father of Rudy giuliana ,Harold Giuliani was an " enforcer" for his brother in law ( rudy's uncle). Do I know this for a fact? No I am sure when it comes to this stuff its very hush hush. however this is what mayor Giuliani has reported himself.