Looking for a lost uncle

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DaRk_KeNt

Looking for a lost uncle

Post by DaRk_KeNt »

Hello everyone,
my name is Luciano and I’m looking for the descendants of my father's uncle.
He was emigrated in 1920 from Italy, here I found the immigration documentation: http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 904530848&

He died years ago, and me and my family lost every contact with his son, Nicola and his daugther Maria.
I hope you can help me in someway.
Thanks.
DaRk_KeNt

Re: Looking for a lost uncle

Post by DaRk_KeNt »

no one can help me?!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
it is your uncle...?
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Vincenzo Fazio Name: Vincenzo Fazio
Birth Date: 18 Mar 1891
Birth Place: Feroleto, Italy
Residence: Tazewell, Virginia
Race: White

Social Security Death Index
about Vincenzo Fazio Name: Vincenzo Fazio
SSN: XXXXXXXXX
Last Residence: 24651 Tazewell, Tazewell, Virginia, United States of America
Born: 18 Mar 1891
Died: Aug 1979
State (Year) SSN issued: Ohio (Before 1951)

I cannot find the family in Ohio 1930 census , just for to know the birthyears of children..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
DaRk_KeNt

Post by DaRk_KeNt »

I know about his death, but I can't find his son and daugther, Nicola and Maria Fazio.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found this obit; it could be abt Vincenzo grandson?

Nicholas Fazio, Jr.
Nicholas Fazio, Jr., 53, of Berwind, WV, formerly of the Adria community in North Tazewell, died Aug. 10 at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville.
Born Oct. 26, 1953 in Tazewell, he was the son of the late Nicholas (Nick) Fazio, Sr. and Jean Shelly Fazio.
He was a graduate of Tazewell High School, Class of 1970, and was the owner and operator of Nicky’s Chevron in Adria for 20 years.
Survivors: wife of 20 years, Patricia Fazio; step son, Jason Rose and wife, Sally, of Bishop; daughters, Nikki Marie Fazio and Jenny Fazio, both of Martinsburg, WV; sister, Mary Oskowicz and husband, Jeff, of Vancouver, Canada; special niece, Naja Oskowicz of Vancouver, Canada; grandchildren, Kianna Marie Fazio, Michael Allen Fazio, both of Martinsburg, WV; two very special grandchildren, Whitney Nichole Rose and Jason Robert Rose, Jr., both of Bishop; brothers-in-law, Bo Rose and Everett Rose and wife, Brenda, all of Berwind, WV; sister-in-law, Clara Reedy and husband, Richard, of Galax; father-in-law, Gaither Rose of Berwind, WV; and several aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends.
Graveside services were conducted at 11 a.m. Aug. 14 at Maplewood Cemetery in Tazewell with Pastor Kathleen Stanley officiating.
Peery & St. Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell was in charge of arrangements.
"Obituaries for the week of Aug. 15
Richlands News-Press Staff"
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

There were other Fazio's in North Tazwell, Virginia (Nicholas and Jean) however I am afraid they have died (Nicholas 1989, Jean 2007).

It will not be easy to find descendants of Vincenzo. Fazio is a common name in the US and the number of public records after 1930 is limited.

I believe this may have been Vincenzo's son (the father of Nicholas Fazio Jr posted above by suanj?):

Social Security Death Index about Nick Fazio
Name: Nick Fazio
SSN: 275-16-7240
Last Residence: 24630 North Tazewell, Tazewell, Virginia, United States of America
Born: 26 Jan 1921
Last Benefit: 24630 North Tazewell, Tazewell, Virginia, United States of America
Died: Jun 1980
State (Year) SSN issued: Ohio (Before 1951)

If so, it might be possible to find an obituary notice, and that might lead to children or other living relatives.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
DaRk_KeNt

Post by DaRk_KeNt »

thanks a lot, i will check these results ;)
DaRk_KeNt

Post by DaRk_KeNt »

probably these it's the correct person:

Nicholas Fazio, Jr.
Nicholas Fazio, Jr., 53, of Berwind, WV, formerly of the Adria community in North Tazewell, died Aug. 10 at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville.
Born Oct. 26, 1953 in Tazewell, he was the son of the late Nicholas (Nick) Fazio, Sr. and Jean Shelly Fazio.
He was a graduate of Tazewell High School, Class of 1970, and was the owner and operator of Nicky’s Chevron in Adria for 20 years.
Survivors: wife of 20 years, Patricia Fazio; step son, Jason Rose and wife, Sally, of Bishop; daughters, Nikki Marie Fazio and Jenny Fazio, both of Martinsburg, WV; sister, Mary Oskowicz and husband, Jeff, of Vancouver, Canada; special niece, Naja Oskowicz of Vancouver, Canada; grandchildren, Kianna Marie Fazio, Michael Allen Fazio, both of Martinsburg, WV; two very special grandchildren, Whitney Nichole Rose and Jason Robert Rose, Jr., both of Bishop; brothers-in-law, Bo Rose and Everett Rose and wife, Brenda, all of Berwind, WV; sister-in-law, Clara Reedy and husband, Richard, of Galax; father-in-law, Gaither Rose of Berwind, WV; and several aunts, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends.
Graveside services were conducted at 11 a.m. Aug. 14 at Maplewood Cemetery in Tazewell with Pastor Kathleen Stanley officiating.
Peery & St. Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell was in charge of arrangements.
"Obituaries for the week of Aug. 15
Richlands News-Press Staff"

how can i find telephon number or a contact to them?!
Niknak

Post by Niknak »

Hi my name is Nikki Marie Fazio my dad was Nicky and my grand dad was Vincent Nicholas and grandma was Jean Shelley fazio and aunt Maria lives in van cover I would love to talk to u my email is Nikkifazio123@gmail.com and my number is 3047262750 text or call i love hear bout my fazio family hope hear from u :roll: :D