Olga Puma Descendants

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Olga Puma Descendants

Post by rp76226 »

Olga Puma was born January 28, 1931 to Raffaele Puma (1892-1964) and Caroline Cicerale (1895-1982).She had two husbands. The first was ? Delagi. They had three children - Deborah, Michael, and ?. Olga also married Gaetano 'Guy' Ramputi born Feb 6, 1929. They had one child - Thomas. Would like the spouses, children, and grandchilren of those four children as well as missing first names. In addition, would like the ancestors of her two husbands.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Re: Olga Puma Descendants

Post by TriciaFierro »

RP,
hello! :)

Are you able to tell us if they were born in Italy or in the States? If in the states, which state did they live in? The dates are great and much needed, but more info on where they were from and who was born in Italy and who was born in the states will aid us in helping you in your search. thank you!
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Olga was born in NYC, probably the Bronx. Her children were like born in New york too. She currently lives in Long Island with one of her sons per my aunt, but we don't know how to reach her.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Had you seen the 1920 Census for her parents?

1920 United States Federal Census
about Ralph Puma Name: Ralph Puma
[Ralph Purna]
Home in 1920: Bronx Assembly District 7, Bronx, New York
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1892
Birthplace: Italy
[Italy ??]
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Spouse's Name: Caroline Puma
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of immigration: 1906
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Ralph Puma 28
Caroline Puma 24
John Puma 0
[11/12]
Salvatore Puma 24

Salvatore was Ralph's brother and John was Ralph and Caroline's son. Is this info helpful? The 1940 census isn't released until 2/2012 which will show Olga as she wasn't born until 1931.
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

TriciaFierro wrote:...
The 1940 census isn't released until 2/2012 which will show Olga as she wasn't born until 1931.
That should be April 2, 2012 - 223 days, 22 hours, 8 minutes, and 30'ish seconds from now, according to http://www.archives.gov/research/census/1940/

Of course, sites like Ancestry.com will then be so bogged down, that it will be another month or two before you can actually search the records successfully. :cry:
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Here is a number for an Olga Puma in Sunnyside, NY, but if this is her this mean that he is using her maiden name and neither of her married surnames:

Olga Puma Sunnyside New York 11104-1453 718-361-0623 2002 <---Residence in 2002
Tricia Fierro
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

:) Thanks for the countdown Carmine! I did think it was Feb...darn it! More waiting :(
Tricia Fierro
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Thanks Tricia. I had the 1920 Census and am very familiar with its details. Wish the 1940 census was out.
scannavino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scannavino »

Hi. What do you want to find out about Olga Puma? Is there a specific question about her family? And also, what relation are you to her? Just curious! I believe you said that she is still alive, right? You also wanted a way to contact her, right? I did a simple search on the white pages and found an Olga Ramputi living on Long Island, New York. It lists her age as 80 which fits, and also her phone number and address in NY. Now you can reach her! :D
scannavino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scannavino »

Here is the link to her phone # / address....
http://www.whitepages.com/name/Olga-Ram ... NY/34gf40k

I am certain that this is your Olga.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

I believe your link is to the same Olga Puma for whom I posted a phone number above in Sunnyside, NY. This however means that she is using her maiden name despite having married twice.
Tricia Fierro
scannavino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scannavino »

NO. My link is different. My link is for Olga Ramputi. Your Olga, is Olga Puma.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

On the relationship question, Olga is my father's first cousin, making her my first cousin, one time removed. I'm looking to find out about her children, grandchildren, and first husband's Delagi's first name.
scannavino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scannavino »

Well now you can call her! I'm pretty sure it's your Olga I found.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Oh good! The link didn't work when I clicked it from my phone but Olga Puma in Sunnyside, NY came up again. Prob saved in temporary folder. :)

Let us know if you make a connection!
Tricia Fierro