Two-page marriage certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
anitapgh

Two-page marriage certificates

Post by anitapgh »

Hello,

A quick question. Penna marriage records are two pages: The certificate itself, and then a long form (the record) with personal info. The certificate has the names, ages, place and date married, and officiant, along with relevant signatures. Must both pages be translated?

Thanks,

AM
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Two-page marriage certificates

Post by johnnyonthespot »

You need the long form because it (I presume) contains information such as the parents of the bride and of the groom, birthplaces, dates of birth, etc.

The info on the certificate itself is not enough to definitively tie the certificate to the persons in your lineage.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: Two-page marriage certificates

Post by corrado »

Yes both pages need to be translated. And if the signiture is hard to read, if you can call the county clerks office and figure out the name of the recorder, that will help the translator, otherwise he or she will have to just put down 'illegable' which is ok but you want to keep those to a min.