Atti di Nascita tranlation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Atti di Nascita tranlation

Post by senior »

Hello to everyone;
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a blank "atti di nascita" translated from Italian to English. I'm very interested in knowing what every sentence is stating. I have stumbled through the translations for the birth records in my family, and while I know what most of the form is asking/stating, I do believe I am missing something.
I can't find translated blank forms (or just sentences ) for birth, death, marriage, etc.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks to everyone.

Senior :D
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Atti di Nascita tranlation

Post by Italysearcher »

They were a little different from time to time but there is one on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

This may also help :-)

Italian Record Extraction - An Instructional Guide

http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... efault.htm

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Great video on reading records Basic Italian research
click on http prompt
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22
Birth Act Translation
General translation of a birth act:
ACT OF BIRTH:
Number Act number___
The year ____, the day __ of ____ month to hours _____ and minutes __ in the Town Hall . In my presence _____Name_______ and civil records officer of ________Comune name_______, it is appeared _____Name__________ of age __, ____profession_______ domicile in ________, that it declare to me, that in the hours ____ and ___ minutes of day __ _____ month in the house of ____address, street or section_____, from ___mother's name___ wife of age __, ___profession____ with the inhabitant, it is born a baby of __(male or female)___ sex that it present us and that it declare of to give to this baby the first name of ____________. The presentation and the declaration above mentioned it is made in the presence of ____Name_____ of age __, ____profession____ and of ____Name______ of age __ __________, ______ resident of_______. Read the present act to declaring and to witnesses

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage Publication
The year ___________, the ____(day) of _________(month) at the hour of _____ meridian and ______ minutes, in the Town Hall before me____________________(name of official and title) Officer of the town of _____________(town name) appeared _____________(groom's name)_________(age)_____________(profession), resident of ________________(town name), son of_______________(father's name), age_______, _______________(profession), resident of _____________(town name), son of ____________________(mother's name), ______(age), _____________(profession), resident of ________________(town name). ________________________________________________________ ________________(name of intended bride), age_______, _________________(profession) Resident of ___________(town name), daughter of __________(father's name), _____(age), ____________(profession), daughter of __________________(mother's name), _____(age), ______________(profession).
They have requested me to make the publication of marriage in this office which they intend to celebrate, these newlyweds ______(groom name) and ________(bride name) and they have declared that the groom was born in _________(town name) the bride in _____________(town name). They do _(not)____ have an adoptive father or adoptive mother, there are not any impediments of relationship or affinity obstructing their marriage, nor any impediment according to the law. These declarations are verified by taking an oath in the legal form from, ____________(witness name), ________(age), ____________(occupation), son of ________________(father's name) and _______________(witness name)________(age), ___________(occupation), son of _____________(father's name), both residing in the town, witnesses present at the act. I examined the documents presented to me and provided my approval, inserteds in the volume of annexed records to this register, declaring that the publication will be made in ________________(town name). The documents are: the copy of the birth record of the groom issued by: _____________. (The rest of this document is a list of documents presented which will vary by individual and a notation that the parents were present (if not deceased) and they approve of the marriage. It includes their signatures or a notation that they could not sign because they are illiterate.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

Thank you all so very much!!
Ann, I thoroughly enjoyed your website. It was both helpful and informative.
Tessa, the family history link has provided me with information I've long been searching for.
Marty, your translation fit my document almost to the sentence.
Thanks to all of you I've discovered even more about my relatives. These people are gone now, but I grew up listening to the stories of Italy at our table.
Thanks so much for all of your help.
Pete
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
Monica Fra

Post by Monica Fra »

Thank you everyone!!! I appreciate it!
Researching Narda, Belli, Nardone, Maida, Bandini, Romagnoli, Ferragina & Del Vecchia.