Translations

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JanSDrew

Translations

Post by JanSDrew »

I was wondering if anyone could help translate three documents I have of my grandparents. This is the first.

Thank you.
Janice (Sirrico) Drew
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translations

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the site
Province of Salerno
Birth act of Michele Sirica in the year 1884 April 25 before the civil official of the Comune of Sarno a baby boy naned Michele Sirica son of Ferdinando Sirica and Domenica Drzano born at 5:00 am house on via???
babys birth was on the 24th recorded the birth on the 25th
side note on the birth act
Marriage on October 31 1907 of Michele Sirica and Assunta Squitieri(off the first record) in the comune of Sarno
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Janice :-D

This is an extract of the birth of Michele Sirica (I'm assuming that is your note in the left margin stating "my father...Sirica, not Sirrico) :-)
The extract is issued by the Comune of Sarno in Province of Salerno stating that in the register of birth for the year 1884, Vol. 1, Parte I, No. 31 is the record dated April 25, 1884, which records the birth of an infant of male sex, and who was given the name of Michele. He was the son of Ferdinando and of Maria Domenica Orzano, and the birth took place in Sarno, in the village of Episcopio, on Curte (sp?) St., at 5 AM on the 24 April 1884.
Then it states the marginal notes:
The person named above entered into a marriage contract with Assunta Squilieri (not sure of the spelling at the end of the name), in Sarno on 31 October 1907.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

OOPS! Sorry, Marty. We posted at the same time!! :-)

T.
JanSDrew

Post by JanSDrew »

Thank you Marty and Tessa. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to translate this document.

Michele Sirica was my paternal grandfather. My uncle had given me copies of documents years ago. He was the one who wrote, "my father" on the left of the document. My grandfather changed his name to Sirrico when he came to the U.S.A.

Janice