San Pietro Consenza Amantea Calabria Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
qualmdj

San Pietro Consenza Amantea Calabria Italy

Post by qualmdj »

I would like to know exactly how to contact the office of register (to obtain birth, death baptism or marriage certificates) for the town of San Pietro Consenza Amantea Calabria Italy. I tried searching for an email address online, but nothing. When I enter the city name(s) the browser gets confused.

My grandmother was from San Pietro Concenza Amantea Calabria, Italy. I have a lot of records, but would love to figure out how I obtain a marriage certificate for my grandmother's parents.

Guiseppa (Josephine Delores in USA) Brusco born April 4, 1913 in San Pietro Consenza Amantea Calabria Italy. She had a brother Frank Brusco (b.1903) and a sister Maria Brusco (b. 1901). They migrated to America in Dec 1919 from Naples. Guiseppa's (Josephine) parents were Attilio (Amelia PRUSICCHIO was mothers maiden name and he was raised with her name) Brusco and Rosa Magnone.

Tutta la guida notevolmente è apprezzata!
Caio,
D
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: San Pietro Consenza Amantea Calabria Italy

Post by uantiti »

Hi and welcome!
The reason you couldn't find the place is that the name you had for the town is a bit mixed up.
The correct name is SAN PIETRO IN AMANTEA. This town is in the province of COSENZA which is in Calabria region.
This is the email address for the Ufficio Anagrafe e Stato Civile which is the office in the City Hall where you have to send your requests:

anagrafe@comune.sanpietroinamantea.cs.it

The officer in charge is: Sig.ra Maria Coscarella

This is the official website for the town :
http://www.comune.sanpietroinamantea.cs.it/

If you want to write a letter, the address is:

Ufficio Anagrafe e Stato Civile
Piazza IV Novembre
87030 San Pietro in Amantea (CS)
Italy

and this site will help with form letters:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/index.asp

Hope this will help you.

Ada
qualmdj

Re: San Pietro Consenza Amantea Calabria Italy

Post by qualmdj »

Ada,

Thank you so much for your reply. It is appreciated. I have to admit the towns always confused me since there were so many names.