Translation Req - Felicia Fierro Death Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Req - Felicia Fierro Death Record

Post by TriciaFierro »

Please review my translation and add anything I missed or translated incorrectly...thank you!

Death Record of:

Felicia Fierro, age 1, born in Montecalvo, died on 1 Sep 1849 at 5:00PM (17:00 hrs)
Daughter of Giuseppe Fierro, laborer and Rosa Marano both of Montecalvo.

Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Req - Felicia Fierro Death Record

Post by Tessa78 »

I also thought the age of the child was 1 year, but the clerk changed "anno" to "anni" so I'm guessing it's more than 1 year... :-)
Closest guess might be "nove" or 9 years old. I guess you'll have to look for a birth record in two different years :?

T.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thanks for the tip, Tessa! I have her birth year as 1848, but that was info from a cousin so its possible it's 9 yrs old. I'll find her birth record to confirm :-)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:I also thought the age of the child was 1 year, but the clerk changed "anno" to "anni" so I'm guessing it's more than 1 year... :-)
Closest guess might be "nove" or 9 years old. I guess you'll have to look for a birth record in two different years :?

T.
I believe that it is the other way round and the clerk changed "anni" to "anno". The typed word is "anni" and there's no need to change it since "di anni uno" is correct in Italian.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi, Livio! :-)

Glad to see you again at the forum. Hope you had a restful August :-D

And...thanks for correcting that... I can see it now.

T.