Colabella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gerardo

Colabella

Post by gerardo »

I am searching for my ancestors from Melfi. The Colabella name is an ancient and royal name. We have descended from Arabs who led the Christians into the Holy Land. We became Christians, and as a result, Pope Urban rewarded our family with land, coat of arms in Melfi. My grandfather, Carlo Colabella, had a book containing a biography of the oldest son, to the oldest son, dating back to the middle ages. It was destroyed in a fire, but I'm hoping there is another one out there with this information included. Please let me know.

Thank you
Gerard
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Colabella

Post by brujaojos »

gerardo wrote:I am searching for my ancestors from Melfi. The Colabella name is an ancient and royal name. We have descended from Arabs who led the Christians into the Holy Land. We became Christians, and as a result, Pope Urban rewarded our family with land, coat of arms in Melfi. My grandfather, Carlo Colabella, had a book containing a biography of the oldest son, to the oldest son, dating back to the middle ages. It was destroyed in a fire, but I'm hoping there is another one out there with this information included. Please let me know.

Thank you
Gerard
Hi Gerard,

I would put a post on all Italian Websites about the book as well as do a Google search and maybe you can find someone that might have a copy and/or where to buy one.

The only other suggest is here is the link to the town, maybe if you write them, they might be able to help.

http://www.comune.melfi.pz.it/web/home/default.asp

The Family History Center has microfilm that you can order and rent for $3.50 a roll. The film only goes from 1809-1860. Here are the films numbers.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

I wish you luck finding your information.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Don't know if this will help, but a former poster had recommended the following for rare books.........

My antiquarianbook dealer in Bologna, www.fornieditore.com has advised me that this issue is now on sale at his establishment info @ fornieditore.com. The title........

wldspirit
gerardo

Post by gerardo »

Thank you so very much for that assistance!!! I will go directly to the source!!! I appreciate your quick and very worthwhile response.

Gerard

:D :D :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Happy to help...... :D .........it is my understanding that this book dealer can be contacted by e-mail and can keep an eye out for the book in question.........best of luck in your search.
wldspirit