2 Birth Certificates- 1852 & 1880

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JML77
Rookie
Rookie

2 Birth Certificates- 1852 & 1880

Post by JML77 »

I'd appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to help me with the two below birth certificates. The first one is supposedly from 1852, and in addition to a translation I'd like to understand the significance of the sections (i.e., the left column, right column, and handwritten inscription at the bottom).

The second certificate is from 1880. I have a number of certificates for this family in a similar format from this timeframe, and so I am asking here for someone to please translate the left side of the page and maybe underline/highlight the handwritten part so that I can work with your guide to read the others offline (rather than posting six more similar certificates). I would also appreciate assistance in understanding what is written in those two sections on the right-hand side of the page. I was told that they are likely marriage and death information.

1852 Certificate- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... atev2.jpg/
1880 Certificate- http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68 ... atev1.jpg/
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: 2 Birth Certificates- 1852 & 1880

Post by Italysearcher »

The notations in themargin can be anything but are usually marriages and deaths. Occasionally, divorces and sometimes adviement of a correction to the act like when a father recognises his child.
This one has a marriage 1 Feb 1900 and died 28 Aug 1959
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The second one is different. This is the time when the birth act was taken to the priest for him to fill in the baptism details in the colomn on the right.
The notation of marriage is at the bottom, married in Campobasso to Filomena in 1878.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
JML77
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JML77 »

Thank you for explaining the sections in relation tot he time periods. The bottom handwritten portion of the 1852 certicicate seems to note the years 1873 and 1878. I expect that 1873 is the marriage year as they began having children soon afterwards. Can you or someone please explain the meaning/reason for the two dates here? I am hoping that someone will be kind enough the provide the full document translations as well at some point.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The marriage took place in another Comune (Campobasso) in 1873. It was recorded on the birth record in 1878.
Ann Tatangelo
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

JML77 wrote:Thank you for explaining the sections in relation tot he time periods. The bottom handwritten portion of the 1852 certicicate seems to note the years 1873 and 1878. I expect that 1873 is the marriage year as they began having children soon afterwards. Can you or someone please explain the meaning/reason for the two dates here? I am hoping that someone will be kind enough the provide the full document translations as well at some point.

First image -
Dated 1880 on the 8th of march at 9:17AM at the town hall in Ripabottoni
Before the official appeared Giacomo di Iulio (sp?), age 26, peasant farmer, residing in Ripabottoni, to declare that at 00:15 PM on the 7th of the current month at the house at Via Pietra Ramaglia #24, to Filomena Immucci, his wife, peasant farmer, living with him, was born a female child whom he presented to the official and to whom was given the name Antonia Maria;
At this above act (recording of) were witnesses: Filomeno diFabbio, 40, peasant farmer; and Francesco Barieri, 64, Peasant farmer.
The act was read to all by the official, but only he signed as the others were illiterate.

The second image -
Dated 1852 on the 7th of April at 3 PM at the town hall in Ripabottoni
Appeared ???? di Iulio, 22, peasant farmer, residing in Ripabottoni, to present a male child who was born to Maria Sauro/Sarno(sp?), 24, residing with him; and to the declarant (di Iulio), age, profession and residence "as above" (come sopra), on the 6th of April of the current year at 8 PM at his house. Child was given the name Giacomo.
Witnesses: Gennaro Paduano(sp?), 50, peasant farmer; and Domenicantonio Varinelli, 40, peasant farmer. Only the official signed the birth record...

Right column
Baptism occured at the Parish of Ripabottoni on the 7th and was received and recoreded by the official on the 8th.

Bottom notation:
Marriage on 2(?) July 1873 to Filomena Iannucci (though it looks like Immucci on the other birth record above - both names are found in the Province) in Campobasso. Recorded by the official on 24 June 1878.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote: ...

The second image -
Dated 1852 on the 7th of April at 3 PM at the town hall in Ripabottoni
Appeared Crescenzo di Iulio, 22, peasant farmer, residing in Ripabottoni, to present a male child who was born to Maria Sauro (99% sure), 24, residing with him; and to the declarant (di Iulio), age, profession and residence "as above" (come sopra), on the 6th of April of the current year at 8 PM at his house. Child was given the name Giacomo.
Witnesses: Gennaro Paduano(sp?), 50, peasant farmer; and Domenicantonio Varinelli, 40, peasant farmer. Only the official signed the birth record...

T.
JML77
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JML77 »

Tressa & Livio, thank you both for the additional input. In an attempt to clarify the marriage date and surname on the 1852 record, I uploaded the below image which I think shows the birth record for Giacomo's wife. Can either of you or someone else please confirm/correct my below assumptions?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43 ... i1852.jpg/

Name: Filomena Immucci
Birth: ? February 1852? Ripabottoni
Parents: Leonardo Immucci & Caterina Carducci
Witnesses: Michele Iorona? & Ferdinando Calames?
Marriage: ? Jun 1873 to Giacomo di Iulio, recorded 24? Jan? 1878
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Name: Filomena Immucci
Birth recorded: 1 February 1852 Ripabottoni - Actual birth January 31 - Baptism Jan 31
Parents: Leonardo Immucci aged 40, farmer & Caterina Carducci aged 44
Witnesses: Michele Iorona? & Ferdinando Calames?
Marriage: 4 Jun 1873 to Giacomo di Iulio, recorded 24 Jan 1878