estratto per riassunto

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
garypeg
Rookie
Rookie

estratto per riassunto

Post by garypeg »

I just noticed this on the Philadelphia website:

For documents from Italy write to the “Comune” to request a certificate in “formato
internazionale”, or in “estratto per riassunto”, enclose a self addressed envelope. You can find the address of the Comune at www.comuni.it.

I already have the documents from Italy so how do I know if they comply with this requirement? I did not know to ask for this format. Never noticed the document it is a part of. Got it off the Consulate website.

Thanks
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Re: estratto per riassunto

Post by JJ313 »

What they are looking for are documents in the extract form as opposed to a photo copy of the original record. The international form is translated into 6 other languages in addition to Italian. If you are still unsure that you have the right form, post it and we will let you know.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

In short, it really doesn't matter what format is obtained, so long as it has the comune's stato civile official's stamp and signature to indicate authenticity.

The formato internazionale (or modello plurilingue; multilingual) is more for your convenience than the consulate's as they can certainly read an Italian document. :)

Estratto as opposed to copia integrale (a photocopy of the original handwritten registry entry) is also a matter of convenience; extracts are nearly always much easier to read.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
garypeg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garypeg »

Here is one of them, I think they are all like this. It's an extract so I imagine it is the form required.
Attachments
francesca birth cert.jpg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The above is a certificato (Certificate), not an "Estratto per riassunto", the latter would include any side annotation to the birth act such as marriage and death.
The "copia integrale" (also called "estratto per copia integrale") is not necessarily a photocopy but is a faithful transcription of the entire record.
garypeg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garypeg »

So it is the consensus that this format will be acceptable. Correct?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

garypeg wrote:So it is the consensus that this format will be acceptable. Correct?

Yes; I cannot imagine any reason why they would not accept the document you posted above.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
garypeg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garypeg »

Good! Thanks!