Vito Mastronardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Vito Mastronardi

Post by geliza »

geliza wrote:2/11/11. My mother Elizabeth (Mastronardi) Martin's (age 88) mother is Dominica Mastronardi (married to Giuseppe Mastronardi); from Bari Italy and came to America around 1914 . Dominica's brother is Vito Mastronardi. My mother's brothers and sisters all live around the Binghamton NY area (and Endicott NY). My cousin Angelo is searching our family history.
2/13/11
Per my mother, Vito and Carmella Mastronardi lived on Henry Street in Binghamton NY their whole lives and had had a grocery store on henry Street (building still there across from the B-Mets stadium). They were her aunt and uncle.
We are looking for any information about my mother's parents: Guiseppe and Dominca Mastronardi (Guiseppe took his wife's last name?). They lived in Binghamton most of there lives and came from Italy. From Vito's information Domica was born in Alberobello (if her brother was?)
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geliza »

geliza wrote:
geliza wrote:2/11/11. My mother Elizabeth (Mastronardi) Martin's (age 88) mother is Dominica Mastronardi (married to Giuseppe Mastronardi); from Bari Italy and came to America around 1914 . Dominica's brother is Vito Mastronardi. My mother's brothers and sisters all live around the Binghamton NY area (and Endicott NY). My cousin Angelo is searching our family history.
2/13/11
Per my mother, Vito and Carmella Mastronardi lived on Henry Street in Binghamton NY their whole lives and had had a grocery store on henry Street (building still there across from the B-Mets stadium). They were her aunt and uncle.
We are looking for any information about my mother's parents: Guiseppe and Dominca Mastronardi (Guiseppe took his wife's last name?). They lived in Binghamton most of there lives and came from Italy. From Vito's information Domica was born in Alberobello (if her brother was?)
My mother had a cousin Mamie (related on her mother's side so related to Vito mastronardi) from Utica NY; so maybe the Mastronardis in Utica are also realted to us.
I would be a cousin of yours. Geraldine (Martin) Clark Greene NY; parents Raymond and Eizabeth (Mastronardi) Martin from Binghamton NY.
DANDY1970

Post by DANDY1970 »

geliza:

thank you for the rresponse, maybe together we can find our roots together, I remember your mom Betty, I am Vincent (Jimmy) and Mary Mastronardi's daughter, I think I met you at Cachtori's rest, JC with Sue Lindsey... are you her? let me know, are either of you parents alive still, my father is, let me know...

Dee
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geliza »

That probably was my sister Patty (Martin) Taggart you met. She is 54. I am 58.
see pics/info I have of Mastronardis at: http://community.webshots.com/user/geliza
The Mastronardi family background has always been a mystery.
My email is ottroad@hotmail.com.
My mother Elizabeth is still alive and lives at Good Shepherd Fairview home in Binghamton. My father Raymond died in Jan 1983.
You and your father live in Pennsylvania?
DANDY1970 wrote:geliza:

thank you for the rresponse, maybe together we can find our roots together, I remember your mom Betty, I am Vincent (Jimmy) and Mary Mastronardi's daughter, I think I met you at Cachtori's rest, JC with Sue Lindsey... are you her? let me know, are either of you parents alive still, my father is, let me know...

Dee
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geliza »

I'm so excited to find out my grandmother, Dominca Mastronardi 1/28/1889-3/23/1950-came to America 1912;was from Alberobello Puglia Bari Italy (I can't stop thinking about it-we never knew where they were from except Bari); and then I just saw a House Hunters International show on Alberobello. I crudely recorded it and had to split it into 4 sections. To see the movies go to my webshots at: http://family.webshots.com/album/579898819WIyoN
Trulli realestate link (maybe they can help): http://www.agenziadeitrulli.it/
Agenzia dei trulli
Largo Martellotta, 28 Alberobello Bari 70011
info@agenziadeitrulli.it
phone +39.0804322796
fax +39.0804322796
Skype : gabriella.dragone real estate agent (that was HGTV)
johnny mastronardi

Post by johnny mastronardi »

VITO WAS THE GRAND FATHER OF MY SON JOHNNY MASTRONARDI BORN 8/16/66. HIS FATHER, GUIDO WAS BORN 2/3/30. THE 1930 CENSUS LISTS HIS NAME AS GAETS. I WAS MARRIED TO GUIDO FOR 15 YEARS AND UNLESS THE INFO HE GAVE ME WAS INCORRECT THERE WAS NO SIBLING NAMED GAETS. MY SON WAS NAMED AFTER HIS UNCLE JOHN. HE HAS ASKED ME TO GET ANY INFORMATION I CAN ABOUT HIS FAMILY. HE WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE COUSINS HE MET WHEN HE VISITED NEW YORK WITH HIS DAD. IF ANYONE HAS INFORMATION THAT WOULD HELP PLEASE LET US KNOW.
DMASTRO

Post by DMASTRO »

Johnny, I am Dennis Mastronardi, your Uncle John's Son. I remember when you and your Dad visited NY. Uncle Guido was always a favorite of mine and as I remember my Dad and him were quite close. Since he named you after my father I would guess thats true. I am 59, born 04/14/1952 and I also have a son named after my father. He is now 28. My Dad passed way back in 1976 at age 51. It is nice to know his name lives on. Any info I can help you obtain I am glad to do so. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by apersico »

I currently have checked out the birth and marriage microfilm records from 1866-1900 for Alberobello (researching my own ancestors) at my FHC. I'd be happy to do a little searching for you to try and find some names and dates!

Angela
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geliza »

can you check: Dominca (sp??) Mastronardi 1/28/1889-3/23/1950
and her husband Guiseppe or Giuseppe Mastronardi (not sure if his real last name was Mastronardi)???
apersico wrote:I currently have checked out the birth and marriage microfilm records from 1866-1900 for Alberobello (researching my own ancestors) at my FHC. I'd be happy to do a little searching for you to try and find some names and dates!

Angela
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by apersico »

Certainly! I'm heading to the FHC tomorrow morning so I can let you know what I find when I return. Do you have any idea what their parents' or siblings' names might be and do you have any dates associated with them?
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geliza »

Vito Nastronardi, BORN IN ALBEROBELLO, ITALY ACCORDING TO PASSENGER LIST, ARRIVED USA 1914, FATHER LISTED FRANK MASTRONARDI, THEY LIVED IN BARI, MTHR, ANGELINA COMAS, LISTED ON DEATH CERT. HAD SEVERAL BROTHER WHO IMMIGRATED TO CANADA, BRAZIL, NY, PA.
Vito is Dominica Mastronardi's(my mother's mother) brother.
I think Guiseppe (Dominicas' husband & my mother's father) was an orphan???
Thanks so much. Sorry I dont know more.
geliza wrote:can you check: Dominca (sp??) Mastronardi 1/28/1889-3/23/1950
and her husband Guiseppe or Giuseppe Mastronardi (not sure if his real last name was Mastronardi)???
apersico wrote:I currently have checked out the birth and marriage microfilm records from 1866-1900 for Alberobello (researching my own ancestors) at my FHC. I'd be happy to do a little searching for you to try and find some names and dates!

Angela
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by apersico »

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any record of your ancesctors being from Alberobello. I searched from 1866-1900 in birth and marriage records and only came up with a few Mastronardis, but they appear to be the ones who settled in Utica. These are the births I found:

1.Margherita Mastronardi, born 1882, to Francesco Mastronardi and Paola Pasqualicchio
2.Pasqua Mastronardi, born 1885, to Francesco Mastronardi and Paola Pasqualicchio
3.Vito Mastronardi, born January 10, 1889, to Francesco Mastronardi and Ippolita Pasqualicchio
4.Pasqua Mastronardi, born 1890, to Francesco Mastronardi and Ippolita Pasqualicchio
5.Grazia Mastronardi, born 1897, to Giovanni Mastronardi and Rosa Genco
6. Donato Antonio, born 1899, to Giovanni Mastronardi and Rosa Genco

Now Denice said that she found her grandfather Vito Mastronardi in a 1914 ship record (father Francesco) coming from Alberobello. However, the only ship record I found in 1914 for a Vito Mastronardi from Alberobello lists the mother's name in Italy, not the father's, and it is Ippolita Pasqualicchio. He is heading to Utica to be with his sister Pasqua. This would fit with the Mastronardis I found in Alberobello. Now seeing as this Vito was born January 12, 1889, he cannot be the brother of your grandmother Domenica as she was also born in January of 1889. I went through the names of all children born in January of 1889, but her name wasn't there.

I'll do some more searching to see if I can figure out where they might really be from. Sorry I don't have better news! :(
apersico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by apersico »

These are two articles I found:

Domanica Mastronardi's obituary in Binghamton (6th name down under Obituaries column). Unfortunately it doesn't say where she was from in Italy.

http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspaper% ... hForm=C%3a

Not sure if this is your grandfather Giuseppe Mastronardi...(Nun Meets Brother After 39-Year Wait)

Do you know what Giuseppe's occupation was? And could you give me the names of all your mother's brothers and sisters?
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geliza »

apersico wrote:These are two articles I found:

Thanks so much for checking...This is my grandmother (my mother is Mrs. Raymond Martin)...gclark (ottroad@hotmail.com)

Domanica Mastronardi's obituary in Binghamton (6th name down under Obituaries column). Unfortunately it doesn't say where she was from in Italy.

I found my grandfathers obit: Joseph A. Mastronardi
Binghamton NY Press Grayscale 1958 a - 5617.pdf

This is not my grandfather...Noone looks familiar...don't think related to these Mastronardis...Thanks, gclark (ottroad@hotmail.com)

Not sure if this is your grandfather Giuseppe Mastronardi...(Nun Meets Brother After 39-Year Wait)

Do you know what Giuseppe's occupation was? And could you give me the names of all your mother's brothers and sisters?
geliza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geliza »

Wow...now I'm really confused...all I know is they came from Bari (where in Bari I don't know). Joseph A. (Giuseppe)(1/8/90-8/17/58) first came to America in 1910; went back to Italy to marry Domenica (1/28/89-3/23/50) and brought her to america 1912. Became us citizens sept. 1920. Lived in carbondale, pa, norwich ny, friendsville pa and then in binghamton ny: abbott st, henry st., susquehanna st., montogomery st and liberty st.
Don't know why Domenica and Giuseppe had the smae last name; they said he took her last name.
my webshots Mastronardi pics:
http://family.webshots.com/album/570286565ohxDez
http://family.webshots.com/photo/282932 ... 8359csBajV
http://family.webshots.com/myphotos?act ... ity=BKxnBR

Now I don't know if Vito is a relative or not.
Thanks for checking. I appreciate it.
apersico wrote:Unfortunately, I couldn't find any record of your ancesctors being from Alberobello. I searched from 1866-1900 in birth and marriage records and only came up with a few Mastronardis, but they appear to be the ones who settled in Utica. These are the births I found:

1.Margherita Mastronardi, born 1882, to Francesco Mastronardi and Paola Pasqualicchio
2.Pasqua Mastronardi, born 1885, to Francesco Mastronardi and Paola Pasqualicchio
3.Vito Mastronardi, born January 10, 1889, to Francesco Mastronardi and Ippolita Pasqualicchio
4.Pasqua Mastronardi, born 1890, to Francesco Mastronardi and Ippolita Pasqualicchio
5.Grazia Mastronardi, born 1897, to Giovanni Mastronardi and Rosa Genco
6. Donato Antonio, born 1899, to Giovanni Mastronardi and Rosa Genco

Now Denice said that she found her grandfather Vito Mastronardi in a 1914 ship record (father Francesco) coming from Alberobello. However, the only ship record I found in 1914 for a Vito Mastronardi from Alberobello lists the mother's name in Italy, not the father's, and it is Ippolita Pasqualicchio. He is heading to Utica to be with his sister Pasqua. This would fit with the Mastronardis I found in Alberobello. Now seeing as this Vito was born January 12, 1889, he cannot be the brother of your grandmother Domenica as she was also born in January of 1889. I went through the names of all children born in January of 1889, but her name wasn't there.

I'll do some more searching to see if I can figure out where they might really be from. Sorry I don't have better news! :(