D'URSO, DI GESI

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Looking for a starting point

Post by wldspirit »

Trish wrote an outline for the use of microfilm at the Lds......
wldspirit

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:09 pm Post subject: Steps on obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone,

I want to explain the proper way of obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center (aka – Latter Day Saints)

1. You go to www.familysearch.org/E...t_fhlc.asp and click on place search and type in the town you are looking for. Click the word search.

2. A list of the results will show up. (Remember there can be more than one town especial with a Saint’s name – ex: Santa Caterina dello Ionio and Santa Caterina Albanese).

3. Click on the link. A new page will appear where it will state (Name of Town) and Civil Registration.

4. Click on that link and a new page will appear which states “Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910â€Â
Genquilts
Rookie
Rookie

Re: D'URSO, DI GESI

Post by Genquilts »

Thank you for posting these instructins! They will be very usefull when I feel ready to 'jump' the search to Italy! I will use them for sure!

I spent a couple of hours at the Family History Center yesterday. I was amazed at the amount of information they have here. It is very large, when compared to centers in smaller towns!

I spent time searching census information, trying to find my families... with very little success! After searching Savier Durso in the 1910, 20, and 30 census and finding nothing regardless of how I tried spelling the last name, I looked at the marriage certificate I had for his daughter Nunzia... and searched Vincent STEO, who was a witness. Found him, his wife and daughters... on MOTT ST! That is the street listed as the address of the bride on the NYC Marriage Certificate! So I looked at census pages - 5 before and 5 after, trying to find any names I recognized.... nothing (Darn)
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The instructions Trish wrote out are wonderful....I even printed them out!!

wldspirit :D
CiaoGina
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CiaoGina »

Carol

Are you still around this forum?