Email from NYC consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie

Email from NYC consulate

Post by SChiarini »

Hi all,

I received an email from Eva Barone stating that my application was finally being processed (I handed in my final documents in July 2011). Has anyone else received this kind of email from her or the NYC consulate?

"we wish to inform you that we are processing your documents.
The processing time will take two or three weeks from now.
Please note that applications are processed in the order they are received and completed.
You will receive a confirmation letter by mail. Please, let us know if your address has changed.
My best regards

D.ssa Eva Barone"

Also, does that mean they are processing it for acceptance OR can there be discrepancies that they may find?

Thanks
Stephanie
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Re: Email from NYC consulate

Post by Drew927 »

Hi Stephanie,
I would say that your documents are being processed for acceptance. They are being prepared for your home comune to register. If there were problems, they would have told you in the email.
When I went through the NY Consulate in March 2011, I found the interviewer to be very thorough. You would have been contacted with errors by now.
Drew