Molinari Citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mrjuventus

Molinari Citizenship

Post by mrjuventus »

SO I am beginning my journey to become a citizen of Italy. I started by first finding out if my great grandfather ever naturalized in the USA. He did not, or at least no records were found. SO now I have all my family information of everyone in america, but I am having a difficult time finding anything out about my great grandfather and great grandmother. If anyone can help me I have just minimal information.

GGF- Andrew Molinari(name in USA) From Avellino, born september 25th 1866( give or take a year)
GGM- Theresa Maria DeStefano, born sometime around 1881

If anyone can point me in a direction or knows anything about either of my ggparents please let me know!
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Molinari Citizenship

Post by ricbru »

Are you sure he was born in the town of Avellino? or Avellino province?
I ask you this question because civil record office is located in each single town, so it is important to know where he was born.
Avellino province has 119 town, so it means 119 civil record offices.
Maybe thru Archivio di Stato di Avellino you may found his military draft card that states the real place of birth. I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Elainemariam

Re: Molinari Citizenship

Post by Elainemariam »

I believe your inquiry is regarding my grandfather and grandmother, Andrew and Theresa Molinari. My email is happyvoicessingalong@gmail.com. We are from the Avellino Province. I would love to know what information you have, and I have a booklet with some things written down. I am looking for it now since I saw your message. Feel free to contact me anytime. And let me know how you are related to them (parents, grandparents) if you wouldn't mind. Thank you! Elaine Maria Molinari