Any Vitale names looking in :) I FOUND MORE INFO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
elizabethvitale
Rookie
Rookie

Any Vitale names looking in :) I FOUND MORE INFO

Post by elizabethvitale »

Just passing through Picture of my grandfather at my website link below Dominick Antonio Vitale from Naples, Italy came over on the boats around 1890, became a citizen around 1920 and supposedly traveled through Canada, but not verified anyone recognize him in any family pics??? his father is listed as tony and mother mary vitale I haven't placed him with any relatives and the marriage certificate doesn't give much, the land deeds have no info other than the name DOMENICO also and or DOMENIQUE DOMENIC DOMENICH ANY NUMBER OF A VARIATIONS NO PROOF HIS NAME WAS DIFFERENT THAN VITALE BECAUSE THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE STATES PARENTS FATHER TONY VITALE ELIZABETH VITALE :wink: I remember a Giuseppi name in my dads records but he is deceased and I have no clue where those records went. I did not handle the estate. His wife's name may have been elizabeth or his mother or someone. I still don't know where my name came from. ann possibly because that is my middle name
SVitale724

Re: Any Vitale names looking in :) I FOUND MORE INFO

Post by SVitale724 »

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm a Vitale whose line came from Rocca d'Evandro in Caserta. My Grandfather was Emanuele and he too came over to North America through Canada - it seems many of our Vitale ancestors came through there rather than Ellis Island. There are still many Vitale's in Montreal.

My family is in Rhode Island and we also have relatives in Massachusetts.

Just wanted to write you and say Hi. Maybe we are related.

Best Regards,

Sharon
elizabethvitale
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Any Vitale names looking in :) I FOUND MORE INFO

Post by elizabethvitale »

Hi Sharon,

So our original names may not even be Vitale? lol My grandfather on his marriage certificate gave the name of his parents as Mary and Tony Vitale from Italy, but no city. Dead end for me.
Thank you for writing. Did any of your relatives make it down to Washington township in PA? There was mention of a Giuseppi in the family from Italy.

Best Regards as well to you,

Elizabeth