State of the Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

State of the Family

Post by bkworm10 »

Hi,

I would like to request a State of the Family. The problem is I don't know how to use the form letter as the person (Felice Gioscia) was born in Stigliano, but married in Accettura and had his children in Accettura. The form letter just requests the person's name and where they were born and his wife's name. I'm not fluent enough in Italian to change it. If I send it with Felice Gioscia, born in Stigliano, I'm afraid the person is going to throw it out. The site I am referring to is

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... agrafe.asp

I would like to send the letter to Accettura, for two reasons - 1. Everything, except his birth occurred in Accettura and 2. I have been successful in writing to Accettura in the past. Any ideas on how I can modify the form letter to explain that Felice was born in Accettura, but married, had his children and probably died in Accettura?

Thanks, Annette
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: State of the Family

Post by PippoM »

you should change the "nato in" sentence into "nato in Stigliano, but living in Accettura in about <year>"
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Good luck Annette on the Stato di Famiglia
Heres another site for a form letter

http://freeitaliantranslations.blogspot.com/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thanks Pippo and Marty. I will give it a try and see what happens.

Annette